Tuesday, February 9, 2016

themusicaddict's Not Quite, But So Close Greatest CDs Of All-Time: Don Henley's "The End of The Innocence"

Hello,

I dedicate this blog to the memory of Glenn Frey (1948-2016). R.I.P. Glenn. Coming soon Mr. Frey's 5 best songs.

With David Bowie, Scott Weiland, B.B. King and Glenn Frey dying recently, it reminds me that death comes for us all one day. We don't know when we are going to die obviously, but I want to pay tribute to some of the great old rock legends while they're still alive. One just never knows when the next legend will die. Very few people knew how sick Bowie was and he had just released a new CD, so it came as a complete shock when the announcement came that he had died. With the way that some of these people have abused their bodies over the years it's still amazing some of them are still alive. Looking at you Keith Richards. Other greats that might not have long, and I hope I'm wrong here, include John Paul Jones, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Alice Cooper, Phil Collins, Mick Mars, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx. (If you haven't read "The Heroin Diaries" I suggest you read it. Then tell me how in the hell is Sixx still alive. Not only alive, but he seems to be thriving now.)

Other old rockers that I hope are with us for years to come include Neil Young, Simon LeBon, Boz Scaggs, Sir Paul McCartney, Madonna, Debbie Harry, George Michael, Grace Slick, Billy Joel, Elton John, Ozzy Osbourne, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Stevie Nicks, David Byrne, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Walter Becker, Walter Fagen, Kenny Loggins, Olivia Newton-John, Cat Stevens, Huey Lewis, Prince, Meat Loaf, The Boss, Cher and Chrissie Hynde.

Even Billy Idol is 60 years old! These aren't young people.

One of the best bands ever is "The Eagles", who've had some brilliant musicians and songwriters over the years. Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit and of course Don Henley. Yes, I've listed the 5 lesser known songs purposely. I'll add videos for the other 5 songs soon.

1) "The End of the Innocence":
2) "How Bad Do You Want It":


3) "I Will Not Go Quietly":
4) "The Last Worthless Evening":
5) "New York Minute":
6) "Shangri-la":


7) "Little Tin God":


8) "Gimme What You Got":


9) "If Dirt Were Dollars":


10) "The Heart of The Matter":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites