Thursday, May 18, 2017

R.I.P. Chris Cornell: I Hate That My Heroes Keep On Dying

Hello,

Honestly the music of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog weren't even on my mind today. I had planned on finishing one Stevie Wonder blog and maybe starting another. I was deep in the 80s when I woke up this morning. Then on Facebook came the news that Chris Cornell has died. More news dribbled out over the rest of the day and it seems that Cornell killed himself, that made an already sad story even sadder.

He seemed to have plenty of energy in his last performance. Had he planned on killing himself previously or was this an impulsive decision? Apparently he was battling with depression and who knows what else. Depression is more than just being sad or frustrated. Depression can actually alter your brain and make you think things that aren't true. Please tell those people you love that you love them and be there for them. I hate when these amazing performers continue dying, I hate when my heroes die.

Chris Cornell "Seasons" (from the "Singles" soundtrack):


From last night's show, "Rusty Cage", unfortunately the sound is terrible:


"Rusty Cage" (studio version):


The sound is a lot better for "Slaves and Bulldozers" and "In My Time of Dying", the last two songs Cornell performed in concert. Although I don't hear much of "In My Time of Dying" in this.


Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying":


Temple of the Dog "Hunger Strike":


Audioslave "Set It Off":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites