Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Best of 80's Soul, Funk and Dance Music, Part 1

Hello,

I was trying to think of an angle of 80's music I haven't over posted about. This blog will not contain songs by the superstars like Commodores/ Lionel Richie, Michael or Janet Jackson, Earth, Wind and Fire, Rick James, Donna Summer, The Pointer Sisters and others. I've already written about so many of those artists already. Also Janet Jackson, Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Prince and Michael Jackson are all coming up on my greatest 80's era bands of all-time.

Also as much as I can I'll be staying away from most of the classic songs from those genres, some songs I just can't resist even after all these years. I'm mostly focusing on the obscure, but still classic songs, from the best decade ever for music. I compiled this list from the websites soultracks.com, rateyourmusic.com and my fevered imagination.

I hadn't heard this song until tonight GQ "Standing Ovation":


Skyy "High":


Ashford and Simpson "Solid":


The Manhattans "Shining Star":


The Brothers Johnson "Stomp":


George Benson "Give Me The Night":


Deniece Williams "Let's Hear It For The Boy":


Atlantic Starr "Always":


Stacy Lattisaw "I Found Love On A Two Way Street":


Klymaxx "I Miss You":


A Taste of Honey "Sukiyaki":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites