Monday, May 29, 2017

The Best of 80's Soul, Funk and Dance Music, Part 3 (FInished May 29th, 2017)

Hello,

This is the final one of these blogs. As I usually do I just keep on finding great songs that fit in the topic I'm looking for. I realize that some of these songs are more pop than soul or funk, but they are all great songs. Many times I prioritize great songs over an actual "genre" a song falls under. So many times what genre a song is so very subjective.

The Deele "Two Occasions":


One of the coolest, funkiest and most bizarre songs. In other words just a great, great song. Lipps Inc. "Funky Town":


Atlantic Starr "Secret Lover":


Cameo "Word Up":


Jermaine Stewart "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off":


Ready For The World "Oh Shiela":


This may be a bit pre 80's, but hey close enough for me. S.O.S. "Take Your Time (Do It Right)":


A Twosome by Terence Trent D'arby "Wishing Well":


"Sign Your Name":


Shalamar "Second Time Around":


The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me":


Michael McDonald "Sweet Freedom":


A threeplay by Karyn White "Superwoman":

"Secret Rendezvous":


"The Way You Love Me":


"Superwoman":


Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam "Head To Toe":


Billy Preston and Syreeta "With You I'm Born Again":


Grover Washington (featuring Bill Withers) "Just The Two Of Us":


Freddie Jackson "You Are My Lady":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites