Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Billboard's Top Ten Songs January 20th, 1983

Hello,

I love when I can write these blogs. When EW posts a Top Ten countdown from a week from the 80's I love to blog about that. I've fallen a bit behind in my magazines, that is why I'm just now getting to writing about a countdown from January. These were the Top Ten songs from the week of January 20, 1983. This is a decent countdown, but there are a lot better weeks from the 80s. New Wave music was just about to bust out. The Heavy Metal music boom was about to start in about a year, there's no sign of either upcoming musical phase in this countdown.

This is just a great, great song. 10) Dionne Warwick "Heartbreaker":


9) Toni Basil "Mickey":


8) The Clash "Rock The Casbah":


7) Patti Austin and James Ingram "Baby, Come To Me":


"Woah here she comes" 6) Hall & Oates "Maneater":


One of the 80's most sublime songs. 5) Toto "Africa":


4) Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing":


"Kick them when they're up, kick them when they're down". 3) Don Henley "Dirty Laundry":


2) Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney "The Girl Is Mine":


1) Men At Work "Down Under":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites