Tuesday, May 23, 2017

R.I.P. Chris Cornell, Part 4: The Best of Soundgarden, Part 2 (Finished May 20th, 2017)

Hello,

This is my fourth of five blogs/tributes to the life and music of Chris Cornell and the amazing bands he worked with. As with anything else life eventually goes on. Yesterday's sad story can so quickly disappear in this very unsettled world. In terms of deaths in the music world, those twenty-two people who died in concert at an Arianna Grande concert is now the story dominating news. Of course that story takes on more than the death of a musical legend, the Grande story touches terrorism, politics and music is a very small part of that story. I don't want to post too much about Cornell, which is why this will be the second to last Cornell blog. After this blog, my final Cornell blog will be about the best songs of Audioslave's "Out of Exile" and "Revolutions".

"Searching With My Good Eye Closed":


"Outshined":


"Rusty Cage":


"Spoonman":


"The Day I Tried To Live":


"My Wave":


What a terrific performance here, this was a band that still had a bright future. Let's be grateful for all the amazing music we received. "Fell On Black Days":


"Pretty Noose":


"Blow Up The Outside World":


"Slaves & Bulldozers":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites