Friday, May 19, 2017

(Finished July 24th, 2017) R.I.P. Chris Cornell, Part 2: The Best of Audioslave Part 1

Hello,

I certainly don't like the circumstances under which I'm writing these Chris Cornell blogs. But I've loved listening to so much of the great music of Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog and some of Cornell's solo music. I had the privilege of seeing Audioslave twice in concert and they were amazing both times. The second time I saw them was in Utah when they were touring as part of Lollapalooza. The weather was terrible and Audioslave was forced to play a rain shortened set.With Mother Nature providing a vibrant lightning based background Audioslave ripped through a brief, but great, set. It's one of the most memorable concerts I've seen. These are the best songs of Audioslave's self-titled CD.

I have only selected seven songs from their first self-titled CD, but honestly nearly every song on this CD is great.

"Cochise":


"Show Me How To Live":


"Gasoline":


"What You Are":


"Like A Stone":


"Set It Off":


"I Am The Highway":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites