Sunday, May 13, 2018

(Finished May 13th, 2018) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Band #17 The Smiths Part 6: #19 to #11

Hello,

I've already written about Johnny Marr and Stephen Morrissey and highlighted some of their best non-Smiths work. However those weren't the only two members of The Smiths obviously. The other two main members were bassist Andy Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce.

Post Smiths Andy Rourke worked with Morrissey as a solo artist. He also worked with Sinead O'Connor and The Pretenders. As for Mike Joyce, he's known more for the lawsuits he filed, and won, than any post-Smiths musical accomplishments. Twenty years after The Smiths broke up both Rourke and Joyce tried to capitalize on the Smiths magic. I couldn't find any sales figures, but my guess is that it wasn't a big seller. They released a DVD titled "Inside The Smiths".

19) "The Boy With A Thorn In His Side":


18) "Shakespeare's Sister":


17) "What Difference Does It Make":


16) "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before":


"I was looking for a job, and then I found a job. And Heaven knows I'm miserable now" is one of the funniest lines in all of music. 15) "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now":


14) "Jeane":


13) "Is It Really So Strange":


12) "Hand In Glove":


11) "Shiela Take A Bow":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites