Wednesday, September 11, 2019

(Finished September 11th, 2019) Songs Inspired By/Could Be About/Deal with Heroes of 9/11, Part 3 40-50

Hello,

40) Skillet "Back To Life":

I, I'm slowly getting numb
I hate what I've become
Am I lost forever?
Bring me back to life
Help, my body's getting cold
So far away from home
But you feel like heaven
Bring me back to life
Bring me back to life



Americans showed themselves to be fighters after 9/11, people like Patrick Tillman gave up his lucrative NFL career to fight for America. Sadly he died in a friendly fire incident.
41) Rachel Platten "Fight Song":

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice?


Not to get to religious on you, but everything will be made right in the next life.
42) Lauren Daigle "Still Rolling Stones":

Six feet under
I thought it was over
An answer to prayer
The voice of a Savior
Rise up (rise up)
Rise up (rise up)



43) Aerosmith "Livin' On The Edge":

There's something wrong with the world today
The light bulb's getting dim
There's meltdown in the sky
If you can judge a wise man
By the color of his skin
Then mister you're a better man than I



44) Michael Jackson and Friends "What More Can I Give":

Say the words, I'll lay me down for you.
Just call my name, I am your friend.
See, then why do they keep teaching us
such hate and cruelty?
We should give over and over again.


No matter how bad things can be, there's always hope. Tomorrow will be a new morning, a fresh start, another chance to go forward. 45) Cat Stevens "Morning Has Broken":

Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.



War is unfortunate, but sometimes needed. Thanks to all of our American heroes, especially the ones that served in the military and their families and friends. Obviously avoiding war, when possible, is the best choice. 46) Edwin Starr "War":

War, huh, good God
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me
Ohh, war, I despise
Because it means destruction
Of innocent lives



47) Louis Armstrong "What A Wonderful World":

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world



I don't think Metallica is the best live band, but this performance of this song kicks ass.
48) Metallica "Master of Puppets":

There is no escape and that's for sure
This is the end, we won't take any more
Say goodbye to the world you live in
You always been taking and now you're giving

49) Metallica "Seek & Destroy":



I don't think this song is that controversial, the lyrics sound pretty sensible to me.
50) John Lennon "Imagine":

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites