Tuesday, September 10, 2019

(Started September 10th, 2019) Songs Inspired By/Could Be About/Deal with Heroes of 9/11, Part 2

Hello,

If I was a New Yorker I think I might have felt this way the morning of 9/11.
20) The Pretenders "My City Was Gone":



And I felt this way for awhile after 9/11 and I'm feeling that way again with the 18th anniversary being tomorrow. 21) Soundgarden "Fell On Black Days":



Neil Young's "Roll On" is a great song, but it's not quite the anthem of this song. I feel 9/11 deserves an anthem equal to "Sunday Bloody Sunday".
22) U2 "Sunday Bloody Sunday":



23) Imagine Dragons "Mad World":


24) John Michael Montgomery "Letters From Home":



25) Billy Ray Cyrus "Some Gave All":



26) Trace Adkins "Arlington":



25) Tim McGraw "If You're Reading This":



26) Lifehouse "Sky Is Falling":



27) Skillet "Hero":
28) Neil Diamond "America":

From the musical "Come From Away" about the planes that landed in Newfoundland when there no one could fly in America for the first few days after 9/11.

29) "Welcome To The Rock":
30) "38 Planes Reprise/ Somewhere In The Middle of Nowhere":
31) "Something's Missing":



Now here are some great songs from Bruce Springsteen's classic CD "The Rising" which has many songs about 9/11 and the aftermath.

32) "Empty Sky":



33) "Lonesome Day":
34) "Paradise":
35) "The Fuse":
36) "The Rising":
37) "You're Missing":

38) Soundgarden "The Day I Tried To Live":



39) Soundgarden "Blow Up The Outside World":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites