Tuesday, September 10, 2019

(Finished June 2nd, 2020) Songs Inspired By/Could Be About/Deal with Heroes of 9/11, Part 1

Hello,

Tomorrow is the 18th anniversary of 9/11 and I've been thinking about that day all day. These are some of my memories, which still seem so clear even these 18 years later.

It's hard to believe it's been 18 years since 9/11. What are some of your memories of that day?
For me I worked that day. It was a Tuesday and I had to write the schedule at Dicks Market. I was late dropping my oldest son, Trevor, off at childcare as that was when news was just breaking of what was going on in New York City. After work I picked up my son and we went to Barnes and Noble in SLC (a store that's no longer there). We got there just in time as they closed early that day due to the attacks. I also remember my two oldest sons, though very young, watching hours of coverage. None of us could take our eyes off of TV. Then what's most remarkable to me is the Utah State Fair was going on and my Mom and I had tickets to see Lonestar on the night of 9/11. The concert still went ahead that night. It was very cool when Lonestar kicked off the show with singing that National Anthem. Also my now ex-wife was scheduled to go to New York City that week and obviously she was unable to go with flights shut down.
What are your memories?

1) Neil Young "Let's Roll":


2) John Williams "Battle of The Heroes":


3) Daryl Worley "Have You Forgotten":


4) Daryl Worley "If Something Should Happen":


5) Shinedown "Heroes":


6) Bonnie Tyler "Holding Out For A Hero":


7) Mariah Carey "Hero":



But we do!!! We need a lot more heroes. 8) Tina Turner "We Don't Need Another Hero":



9) Paperlace "Billy Don't Be A Hero":



A description of the video from YouTube: "With backing vocals by Freddie Mercury, this video was a popular request after 9/11 due to the opening and closing views of the Twin Towers".
10) Billy Squier "Love Is The Hero"



11) Imagine Dragons "Thunder":


12) Arcade Fire "AntiChrist Television Blues":



13) Five For Fighting "Superman":



14) Imagine Dragons "America":


15) Kristy Jackson "Little Did She Know (She Kissed A Hero)":


As it says on YouTube this video is a tribute to the heroes of 9/11. 16) Yellowcard "Believe":



The song about a Vietnam veteran is very applicable for the soldiers since that September, 2011 day. 17) Alice In Chains "Rooster":



Such an amazing song. 18) Barry McGuire "Eve of Destruction":



Some people left on a jet plane and never came back. 19) Chantal Kreviazuk  "Leaving On A Jet Plane":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites