Sunday, September 15, 2019

(Started September 15th, 2019) A Tribute to Ric Ocasek, 1944-2019, His Best Songs

Hello,

Richard Theodore Otcasek (March 23, 1944 – September 15, 2019), known as Ric Ocasek  (/ˈkæsɛk/), was an American singer, songwritermusician and record producer. He was best known as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and songwriter for the rock band the Cars. In 2018, He was a successful producer, but I'll save that for a different blog. Ocasek was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Cars. He also was known for his marriage to supermodel, and woman way out of his league, Paulina Porzikova. Althought they've been separated for a couple of years now.The Cars had two lead singers, the other being Benjamin Orr, who sadly died October 4th, 2000.

I'll be breaking this down into three parts, first is the best songs of Ric Ocasek's mostly forgettable career.

Solo:

1) "Rockaway":



2) "Mister Meaner":



3) "Don't Lose Me":



4) "Silver":
5) "Come On":
6) "Come Back":
7) "Touch Down Easy":



8) "Emotion In Motion":



9) "The Next Right Moment":



The best songs from their 2011 comeback CD "Move Like This":

10) "Free":



11) "Hits Me":



12) "Blue Tip":



13) "Keep On Knocking":



14) The Cars "Soon":



Then the Cars classics we all, that is those of us of a certain age, know and love.

15) "It's All I Can Do":



16) "Tonight She Comes":



"Hello Again":
"Magic":
"Drive":



"You Might Think":



"Since You're Gone":
"Shake It Up":
"Touch and Go":
"It's All I Can Do":
"Let's Go":



"Bye Bye Love":



"You're All I Got":
"Just What I Needed":
"My Best Friend's Girl":
On my first day of high school at Woods Cross High School, this song played over the intercom. I thought to myself this high school thing might not be so bad. "Good Times Roll":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites