Tuesday, September 24, 2019

(Started September 24th, 2019) The Best of Male Country Singers in 1985

Hello,

This series of blogs is inspired by Carrie Underwood covering the songs of Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, The Judds, Shania Twain and others. Ironically I'm started in 1970, where the majority of the top songs were sung by men. Even many of the songs sung by women were in a duet- yes with another man. There weren't any duets or trios like Maddie and Tae or Runaway June breaking big then. I tried my best, but some songs were listed in multiple years on various lists I was researching. I apologize for any mistakes, all blame goes to me.

I thought I should do at least one of these blogs for the men. It's crazy to me how many more songs were written for men that women in the 70's and 80s. As for many years in the 80s, 1985 was the year of Alabama. They were still in the midst of their amazing run, they still had many classics on the way going forward. Their amazing run started in 1985. Other people that had great years in 1985 include George Strait, John Conlee, Eddie Rabbit, Mel McDaniel, Eddie Rabbit, women's butts and Reba McEntire.

1) Alabama "Forty Hour Week (For A Livin'")":


2) Mel McDaniel "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On":


3) Conway Twitty "Between Her Blue Eyes and Jeans":


4) Alabama "Can't Keep A Good Man Down":


5) Eddie Rabbit "She's Coming Back To Say Goodbye":


6) George Strait "The Chair":



7) Conway Twitty "Don't Call Him A Cowboy":



8) George Strait "The Fireman":



9) Statler Brothers "Hello Mary Lou":



10) Nitty Gritty Dirt Band "High Horse":



11) The Highwayman "Highwayman":



12) Ronnie McDowell "New York Minute":



13) Mel McDaniel "Let It Roll":



14) Ronnie Milsap "Lost In The Fifties":
15) "Make My Life With You":
16) "My Old Yellow Car":
17) "Nobody Falls Like A Fool":
18) "Home Fires Burning":
19) "Some Fools Never Learn":
20) Mel McDaniel "Stand Up":
21) "(There's A) Fire In The Night":


22) Alabama "There's No Way":


23) "Who's Gonna Fill":
24) "Working Man":
25) Hank Williams Jr. "I'm For Love":
26) Eddie Rabbit "Warning Sign":
27) I Wanna Hear It From You
28) Restless Heart "Let The Heartache Ride":


29) Eddie Rabbit "A World Without Love":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites