Monday, September 16, 2019

(Finished September 18th, 2019) The Best of Female Country Singers in 1970

Hello,

This series of blogs is inspired by Carrie Underwood covering the songs of Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, The Judds, Shania Twain and others. Ironically I'm going to start in 1970, where the majority of the top songs were sung by men. Even many of the songs sung by women were in a duet- yes with another band. There weren't any Maddie and Tae or Runaway June breaking big then. I tried my best, but some songs were listed in multiple years on various lists I was researching.

1970: Welcome to what seems was the year of Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn.

1) Lynn Anderson "Rose Garden":


One of the greatest love songs of all-time. 2) Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash "If I Were A Carpenter":


3) Anne Murray "Snowbird":


4) Tammy Wynette "He Loves Me All The Way":


5) Tammy Wynette "Run Woman Run":


6) Loretta Lynn "Coal Miner's Daughter":


7) Tammy Wynette "I'll See Him Through":


8) Loretta Lynn "You Wanna Give Me A Lift":



9) Jean Shepherd "Then He Touched Me":



10) Linda Ronstadt "Long Long Time":



11) Lynn Anderson "Stay There Till I Get There";



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites