Sunday, March 7, 2021

(Finished March 7th, 2021) Part 2 of Songs That Meant Something To Me In The 80s, Songs 18-34

Hello,

High school stomp at good old Woods Cross High, class of '85. 18) Toto "I Won't Hold You Back":

I was a sophomore, she was a senior. My buddy dared me to ask her to dance and I did. Surprisingly she said "yes". For me it was a pretty amazing dance, probably forgettable for her. And as it was high school we have never interacted again. That's okay as I'll always have that wonderful memory. This song has one of the most mournful sax solos ever. 19) Glenn Frey "The One You Love":

Seeing Survivor play this song live when it was one of the hottest songs in the nation, this song kicked butt live. 20) Survivor "The Eye of The Tiger":

One of the 80s saxiest moments is in this song. 21) George Michael "Careless Whisper":

22) George Michael "I Want Your Sex":

One of the most 80s songs and videos ever!! 23) Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart":

I had the biggest crush on Madonna back in the day. These next four songs are some of the best of Madonna. Some of my favorites by her. Just home from Ricks College for the weekend and my brother came and told me that the new Madonna song was on MTV. This has always been one of my most favorite Madonna songs. 24)  "Live To Tell":

25) "Papa Don't Preach":

26) "Into The Groove":

27) "Express Yourself":

A long drive from Salt Lake City to Rexburg, Idaho. 28) Whitney Houston "The Greatest Love Of All":

I don't have any specific memories attached to this song, but I remember this great song. Stanley died this past Thursday at the age of 72. That followed a 8 month battle with lung cancer. 29) The Michael Stanley Band "He Can't Love You":

30) Berlin "Take My Breath Away":


I know this technically isn't a 80s song, but it so feels like an 80s song in every way. The song was written by Prince, how can you be more 80s than that? Obviously Prince was great in every decade until his way too early death. 31) Sinead O' Connor "Nothing Compares 2 U":


Musicians banded together so many times for great causes in the 80s. This was one of those times, it was meant to help deal with Ethiopian famine crisis. 32) Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas":


33) Madonna "Just Like A Prayer":

One of the best concerts I saw in the 80s was the Journey Escape tour, one amazing night. Steve Perry was such a gifted singer. 34) Journey "Faithfully":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites