Wednesday, April 21, 2021

(Updated July 8th, 2021) Part 4, Letter D, Potential GSOAT: The Top 1200ish Greatest Songs of All-Time: (A Work Very Much In Progress)

Hello,

I've tried to do this series of blogs and then given up on it several times. However this time I'm sure I have a better plan and that it might actually work. As of now I'm coming up with my Top 1200ish greatest songs of all-time. Although I might have to go a couple of songs beyond that, thus the ish in the title.

Now I'm working on a list of songs that are no-doubters and will for sure be in my Top 1200. I plan on having 1 list of 1200ish songs as my first tier. I plan on having a second and third tier of 100 greatest songs of all-time (GSOAT). I'm only one person and putting this list together won't be quick. I'll be updating this blog frequently. The artists are in alphabetical order so it's easier to keep track of the songs on this list. The number in front of the songs is my way to keep track of how many songs I've posted.

I don't know if any of these songs will finish in the Top 1200ish songs of all-time or not. Some will, some won't. Even if they don't make it these are still great songs.

240) Dada "Dizz Knee Land":


241) Dada "Dorina":


242) Dada "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow":


243) Lauren Daigle "Still Rolling Stones":


244) Lauren Daigle "You Say":


245) Damn Yankees "Coming of Age":


246) Damone

247) Damone "Out All Night":
248) Danzig "Mother":


249) The Dark Element "Not Your Monster":


250) The Dark Element "Songs The Night Sings":


251) The Darkness "I Believe In A Thing Called Love":


252) "Crawling Back To You":


253) Daughtry "Feels Like Tonight":


254) Daughtry "Home":


255) Daughtry "What I Meant To Say":
256) Dead or Alive "Brand New Lover":

257) Dead or Alive "In Too Deep":

258) Dead or Alive "Lover Come Back To Me":


I've heard this song probably hundreds of times, see below. Every time I hear the first few notes I want to listen to the whole thing again. Everything about this song is great. Eventually I realized that this is a Top 100ish song of all-time and it's a no-doubter. 259) Dead or Alive "You Spin Me Round":

260) Dead Milkmen "Punk Rock Girl":


Dead Sara "Heaven's Got A Backdoor":
Dead Sara "Mona Lisa":
Dead Sara "Radio One Two":
Dead Sara "Weatherman":


Death Cab For Cutie "The New Year":


Death Cab For Cutie "The Sound of Settling":


55) Death Cab For Cutie "We Looked Like Giants":


Decemberists "We Both Go Down Together":
Def Leppard "Animal":


Def Leppard "Don't Shoot Shotgun":


Def Leppard "Excitable":


Def Leppard "Let's Get Rocked":


Def Leppard "Love Bites":


Def Leppard "Photograph":


56) Def Leppard "Rock of Ages":


Def Leppard "Rock, Rock (Til You Drop)":


This song suffers from I've just heard this song way too many damn times. I still think it's an amazing song, but sometimes one needs to take a break from a song. That being said this is definitely one of the GSOATs. 57) Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me":

58) Def Leppard "Women":


Del Amitri "Roll With Me":
Delta Rae "Outlaw":

Depeche Mode "It's No Good":

59) Depeche Mode "Master and Servant":

60) Depeche Mode "People Are People""


Depeche Mode "Policy of Truth":

61) Depeche Mode "Strangelove":


Rick Derringer "Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo":


Desert Rose Band "One Step Forward":
Desert Rose Band "She Don't Love Nobody":
Destiny's Child "Say My Name":

Detroit Cobra "Hot Dog":

62) Dexy's Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen":


) Diamante "American Dream":
) Diamante "Ghost Myself":

Diamond Rio "Meet In The Middle":

Assuming nothing happens with Covid-19 I'll be seeing these guys in concert this summer. I'm so excited that concerts are back, fingers crossed. 63) Diamond Rio "Norma Jean Riley":

Dido "Don't Think of Me":

Dido "Here With Me":

Dido "I'm No Angel":

Dido "Thank You":

Dido "White Flag":


) Dio "Egypt (The Chains Are On)":

Dio's great voice and songs make up for their terrible videos. 64) Dio "Holy Diver":

Dio "Hungry For Heaven":

65) Dio "Rainbow In The Dark":


Dion "The Wanderer":

At Live Aid 66) Dire Straits featuring Sting "Money For Nothing":

67) Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet":

68) Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing":


69) Dirty Honey "When I'm Gone":


Dirty Honey "":
Disclosure "":
The Donnas "Fall Behind Me":


The Donnas "Revolver":


) The Donnas "Take It Off":


The Donnas "Too Bad About Your Girl":


The Donnas "What Do I Have To Do":


Donovan "Sunshine Superman":
The Doobie Brothers "Listen To The Music":
The Doobie Brothers "Minute By Minute":
The Doobie Brothers "Real Love":
The Doobie Brothers "Rockin' Down The Highway":
The Doobie Brothers "What A Fool Believes":
70) The Doors "Break On Through (To The Other Side)":
71) Doors "The End":


72) The Doors "Touch Me":


Dr. Hook "Cover of the Rolling Stone":
) Dr. Hook "Only Sixteen":
Dr Hook "Sexy Eyes":
Dragonette "Pick Up The Phone":
) Dramarama "Anything, Anything":
The Drifters
The Drifters "Under The Boardwalk":
73) Dua Lipa "IDGAF":


74) Dua Lipa "New Rules":


75) Dua Lipa featuring Da Baby "Levitating":


Duran Duran "A View To A Kill":
Duran Duran "Girls On Film":
Duran Duran "Pressure Off":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites