Friday, April 2, 2021

(Finished April 3rd, 2021) Part 1 of The Best of Motown: Songs 154-138

Hello,

Rolling Stone magazine has released their rankings of the Top 100 Greatest Motown Songs of All-Time. I agree with a lot of their choices, but I also disagree with a lot of their choices. I'm going through Rolling Stone's list, adding and subtracting as I see fit.  This will be 9 blogs of the Greatest Motown songs ever. There's just so much great music that came out of Motown. Included are songs that feel like they should be Motown songs or songs that are covers of Motown classics. I've also included songs from Motown subsidiaries like Tamla.

As always these blogs are living, breathing things I reserve the right to make changes as needed. Several of these songs I've never heard before, a few may grow on me or also completely fall out of favor. 

If you want to see Rolling Stone's official list, go to this link: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-motown-songs-1139063/

154) Mary Wells "You Beat Me To The Punch":

                          153) Dennis Edwards featuring Seidah Garrett "Don't Look Any Further":

                                                    152) The Originals "Baby, I'm For Real":


151) Marvin Gaye "Trouble Man":


This song is okay, but for the life of me I've never understood why this song is so popular. 150) Boys 2 Men "End of The Road":


149) Smokey Robinson featuring John Legend for this performance "Quiet Storm":


148) Smokey Robinson and The Miracles "Choosey Beggar":


147) DeBarge "Time Will Reveal":


146) Stevie Wonder "Living For The City":


145) Willie Hutch "I Choose You":


144) The Marvelettes "Don't Mess With Bill":

143) Eddie Kendricks "Boogie Down":

142) The Jackson Five "The Love You Save":

141) The Supremes "Bad Weather":

140) Eddie Kendricks "Keep On Truckin'":

139) The Jackson Five "I'll Be There":

138) Junior Walker & The Allstars "(I'm A) Roadrunner":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites