Tuesday, September 14, 2021

(Finished September 14th, 2021) Part 1 of Best Poignant Songs

Hello,

What does poignant mean? 1) painfully affecting the feelings (piercing) 2) deeply affecting (touching) 3) designed to make an impression (cutting). Those and my own definition- I'd like to think poignant songs are songs that make you think or give you an interesting perspective.

1) Ray Charles "Hard Times":

2) Robert Plant 'If I Were A Carpenter":

3) The Chicks "Baby Hold On":

Today I was able to buy two tickets to see "Alexander Hamilton" here in Salt Lake City in early 2022. I am so excited so I'm working these poignant songs into this blog. 4) "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)":

5) "The Room Where It Happens":

6) "It's Quiet Uptown":

7) "Alexander Hamilton":

8) "The Schuyler Sisters":


9) "The Story of Tonight":


Maybe not the most poignant song, but perhaps the most fun song from "Hamilton". 10) "I Know Him":


11) Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson "I Know Him So Well":


12) Alicia Keys "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart":

13) Laura Marling "Blackberry Stone":

14) Julien Baker "Appointments":

15) Sia "Breathe Me":

From Cats 16) Elaine Paige "Memory":

17) Green Day "Whatsername":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites