Sunday, September 19, 2021

(Finished September 19th, 2021) Part 1 of The Best Soul/Funk/Disco/Blues/Country/Reggae (Black Musicians In The 70s) Music of the 70s

Hello,

When you think of 70s music, what do you think of? I think of disco, funk, soul and also some great rock bands. The 70s was music anywhere from the mellow Bread all the way through to the mighty Zep. I don't even know if Disco was even on the radar when the 70s started, but it had it's biggest year in 1979. By the next year Disco was on a swift decline. This is a tribute to all that amazing music and all those amazing musicians. I'm going to focus mostly on musicians made by Black people.

1) B.B. King "The Thrill Is Gone":

2) Aretha Franklin "Call Me":

3) Muddy Waters "I'm Ready":

4) Brook Benton "Rainy Night In Georgia":

5) Earth, Wind and Fire "Boogie Wonderland":

6) Charley Pride "Is Anyone Goin' To San Antone":

7) The Jaggerz "The Rapper":

8) The Temptations "Just My Imagination":

9) Billy Paul "Me and Mrs Jones":

10) Isaac Hayes "Theme From 'Shaft'":

11) Gladys Knight and The Pips "Midnight Train To Georgia":

12) Michael Jackson "Rock With You":

13) The O'Jays "Use Ta Be My Girl":

Obviously these guys aren't black, but that singer sounded black. It's a great song so I'm going to keep it on this blog. 14) Rare Earth "Get Ready":

15) The Temptations "Papa Was A Rolling Stone":

16) Smokey Robinson and the Miracles "Tears of A Clown":

17) Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites