Sunday, September 5, 2021

(Finished September 5th, 2021) Part 1 of The Best of Oscar Winning Songs

Hello,

I have taken this list from this website: https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/best-original-song/

I may or may not use the actual Oscar winning version of the song, generally I will use the version I like best. 

1) From "Song of the South" comes James Baskett's "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah":

2) From "Born Free" comes John Barry's "Born Free":

3) From "The Poseidon Adventure" comes Maureen McGovern's "The Morning After":

Obviously not the song from the movie, but this is my favorite version of this song. 4) From Neptune's Daughter "Baby It's Cold Outside":

5) "From "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" comes "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing":

6) From "The Towering Inferno" comes "We May Never Love Like This Again":

7) From "The Prince of Egypt" comes "When You Believe":

This is like the 15th best song on this soundtrack. But it's the only song that was eligible to be nominated for the Oscar. 8) From "Evita" comes "You Must Love Me":

9) From "A Star Is Born" comes "Evergreen (Love Theme From "A Star Is Born)":

10) From "The Harvey Girls" comes Judy Garland "On The Atchison, Topeka and the Santa-Fe":

11) From "The Sandpiper": comes Vic Damone's "The Shadow of Your Smile":

12) From "The Woman In Red" comes Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called To Say I Love You":

The 80s really did have the best music, 13) From "White Knights" comes Lionel Richie's "Say You, Say Me":

14) From "Days of Wine and Roses" comes Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer's "Day of Wine and Roses":

15) From "Toy Story 3" comes Randy Newman's "We Belong Together":

This is one of the best Oscar winning songs. 16) From "Arthur" comes Christopher Cross' "Arthur's Theme The Best I Can Do":

17) Madonna From "Dick Tracy" comes Madonna's "Sooner or Later (I'm Gonna Get My Man)":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites