Tuesday, September 7, 2021

(Finished September 7th, 2021) Part 1 of The Best of Drums In Music

Hello,

I'm still working on that series of blogs about the best of guitar rock, but I decided to expand a bit today. I want to do this series of the best drum songs. Songs where clearly the drums are the highlight of the song.

Obviously this is the first song I thought of. 1) Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight":

Is John Henry Bonham the greatest drummer ever? I don't know about that, but he's got to be in the top 5. 2) Led Zeppelin "Moby Dick":

3) Rush "Tom Sawyer":

4) Rush "YYZ":

5) Judas Priest "Painkiller":

6) Van Halen "Hot For Teacher":

7) Iron Buttefly "In-A-Gadda-La-Vida":

8) Led Zeppelin "Rock and Roll":

9) Steely Dan "Aja":

10) The Who "My Generation":

11) The White Stripes "7 Nation Army":

12) The Ventures "Wipe Out":

13) Duran Duran ""Girls On Film":

14) Def Leppard "Hysteria":

Bonham didn't quite know how to handle celebrity and drank himself to death. What other amazing things  could have he created if he had only lived past the age of 32. Led Zeppelin broke up because of his death. Maybe Led Zeppelin would have created more masterpieces? Anyway it's still a tragedy that Bonham died so young. People are still thinking about you John Henry Bonham. 15) Led Zeppelin "When The Levee Breaks":

16) Dave Brubeck "Take Five":


I liked this video so much that I decided to post the same song twice. 17) Surfari's "Wipe Out":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites