Saturday, March 19, 2022

(Finished March 19th, 2022) Part 3 of The Ten Best Grunge Bands: Getting To Know L7

Hello,

Watching the show "Super Pumped", which is the story of Uber.  Three Pearl Jam songs were played in the first episode. With Nirvana's "Something In The Way" being in "The Batman" grunge seems to be having a moment. This is more likely a blip than something that will be prolonged. I've loved listening to so many great classic grunge songs in the last couple of days. Grunge wasn't around very long, but it did make an impact.  I Googled the question how long did the grunge era last? I came across the answer that it died out about 1996, That's very accurate in my opinion. This first blog is I'll be sharing songs by lesser known/ obscure grunge bands. 

Spoiler alert: Nirvana is not my #1 grunge band, neither are they my #2 grunge band. In case you were wondering they're not my #3 all-time greatest grunge band either.

I don't know very much about L7, but to be a completist I listened to a lot of their songs. I quite like several of their songs and eventually realized that they might be in my Top Ten Grunge Bands. This is a getting to know L7 blog.

Probably their most well known song. 1) "Pretend We're Dead":


2) "Andres":

3) "Fuel My Fire":

4) "Slide":

5) "Monster":

6) "Fast and Frightening":

7) "The Masses Are Asses":

From the soundtrack to "I Know What You Did Last Summer". 8) L7 "This Ain't The Summer of Love":

9) "Non Existent Patricia";

10) "Scrap":

11) "Wargasm":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites