Monday, March 28, 2022

(Finished March 28th, 2022) The Best Twenty Songs of 1958

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile. I will pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

1958, Part 1)

1) Domenico Modugno "Volare":


2) Champs "Tequila":


3) The Everly Brothers "Bird Dog":


4) The Everly Brothers "All I Have To Do Is Dream":


5) Connie Francis "Who's Sorry Now":


6) Eddie Cochran "Summertime Blues":


7) The Platters "Twilight Time":


8) The Coasters "Yakety Yak":


9) Peggy Lee "Fever":


10) Bip Bopper "Chantilly Lace":


1958, Part 2):

1) David Seville "Witch Doctor":


2) "Poor Little Fool":


3) The Chordettes "Lollipop":


4) Bobby Day  "Rockin' Robin":


5) "Good Golly Miss Molly":


6) Dion & The Belmonts "I Wonder Why":


7) Sheb Wooley "Purple People Eater":


8) "Bobby Darin Splish Splash":


9) The Monotones "Book of Love":


10) Danny and the Jrs. "Rock and Roll Is Here To Stay":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites