Tuesday, March 29, 2022

(Finished March 29th, 2022) The Best Twenty Four Songs of 1959

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile. I will pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

1959, Part 1:

From that perfectly sung "they", this song is a classic in every way possible. 1) The Platters "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes":

2) Johnny Horton "Ballad of New Orleans":

3) Elvis Presley "Now and Then There's A Fool Such As I":

4) Frankie Avalon "Venus":

5) Bobby Darin "Dream Lover":

6) Lloyd Price "(You've Got) Personality":

7) Ray Charles "What I'd Say":

8) Wilbert Harrison "Kansas City":

9) Paul Anka "Put Your Head On My Shoulder":

10) The Flamingos "I Only Have Eyes For You":

1959, Part 2:

11) The Coasters "Charlie Brown":


12) Marty Robbins "El Paso":


13) The Everly Brothers "Till I Kissed You":


14) Dion & The Belmonts "A Teenager In Love":


15) Sam Cooke "Only Sixteen":


16) Skyliners "Since I Don't Have You":


17) The Crests "16 Candles":


18) The Isley Brothers "Shout":


19) The Coasters "Poison Ivy":


20) Fats Domino "I Want To Walk You Home":


21) The Coasters "Along Came Jones":


22) Craig Douglas "Only Sixteen":


23) Lloyd Price "Stagger Lee":


24) The Browns "The Three Bells":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites