Sunday, March 20, 2022

(Started March 20th, 2022) Part 5 of Singers Who Died Way Too Young: Karen, Whitney and Tammi

Hello,

These are musicians that died way too young and some of their best songs, whether hits or not. I tried to go with lesser known bands for the most part.

A Laura Branigan YouTube video about singers who died too long inspired this blog. Laura Branigan was my favorite of the musicians listed. These are musicians that died way too young and some of their best songs, whether hits or not. I tried to go with lesser known singers for the most part, but I was also in the mood for some of The Doors, which is the second blog in this series.

What do Ritchie Valens, Buddy Holly, John Bonham, Selena, Prince, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Jim Morrison all have in common? They all died way too young. What have we missed out by not having these legends living a normal life span? How many more slinky and funky songs could have Michael Hutchence come up with if he had lived longer? How many more classic songs could've Patsy Cline added her unique touch to? How many more amazing songs did Led Zeppelin have in them if John Bonham hadn't died at the too young age of 32? His death is the main reason that the mighty Zep broke up. It's a tragedy all of these amazing musicians died so young, but it's also a tragedy all the great music they left behind.

15) Karen Carpenter died at the age of 32.

"Ticket To Ride":
"They Long To Be Close To You":
"We've Only Just Begun":
"Rainy Days and Mondays":
"Superstar":
"Sing":
"Yesterday Once More":
"Top Of The World":
"There's A Kind of Hush":
"Calling Interplanetary":

16) Whitney Houston died at the age of 48. I know she hadn't been as successful as the earlier part of her career, but maybe she could have had a late career resurgence. All songs below are by Whitney Houston, with other singers as noted.

"I Didn't Know My Own Strength":


"Just The Lonely Talking Again":


"Greatest Love Of All":


"You Give Good Love":


"Saving All My Love For You":


"One Moment In Time":


" I Wanna Dance With Somebody":


"How Will I Know";


"So Emotional":


"All At Once":


"Where Do Broken Hearts Go":


"Love Is A Contact Sport":


Cissy and Whitney Houston "I Know Him So Well":


Whitney "My Love Is Your Love";


"Didn't We Almost Have It All":


17) Tammi Terrell died at the age of 24. When she died all that potential died with her. Tammi Terrell's story is sadder than most. 

This is the story of Tammi Terrell:


Her biggest hits of course were with Marvin Gaye like on "Ain't No Mountain High Enough":


Tammi Terrell all by herself "All I Do Is Think About You":


Tammi Terrell "I Can't Believe You Love Me":


Tammi Terrell "Come On And See Me":


Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell "You're All I Need To Get By":


Tammi Terrell "That's What Boys Are Made For":


Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye "If I Could Build My Whole World Around You":


Tammi Terrell "Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites