Thursday, March 24, 2022

(Finished March 24th, 2022) The Best Five To Ten Songs of 1953, 1954 and 1955

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile. I will pick five songs from 1953 to 2022. I would have started earlier but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I will be posting anywhere between five to ten songs for each year.

1953)

It seems like a lot of people aren't familiar with song, this video doesn't even have 210,000 YouTube views. Les Paul and Mary Ford "Vaya Con Dios ()":

Patti Page "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window":


3) Ray Anthony "Dragnet":


4) The Orioles "Crying In The Chapel":


5) Frank Sinatra "I've Got The World On A String":


I wish they would have let this song swing a bit more. The song finally hits its stride near the end of the song. 6) The Four Lads "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)":


1954)

1) The Chordettes "Mr. Sandman":


2) The Crew-Cuts "Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)":


3) The Penguins "Earth Angel":


4) Muddy Waters "Hoochie Coochie Man":


5) Perry Como "Papa Loves Mambo":


6) Bill Haley and His Comets "Shake, Rattle and Roll":


1955)

1) Bill Haley and His Comets "Rock Around The Clock":


2) Tennessee Ernie Ford "Sixteen Tons":


3) The Platters "Only You (And You Alone)":


4) Little Richard "Tutti Frutti":


5) Chuck Berry "Maybellene":


6) Bill Hayes "The Ballad of Davy Crockett":


7) Frankie Laine "Cool Water":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites