Thursday, June 2, 2022

(Finished July 14th, 2022) Part 1 of The 102 Best Songs of the 60s

Hello,

The way I'm doing this is I'm going to post the Top 100 greatest 60s songs in order of the way I thought of them. Once I hit 100 songs I will go and look at the 100 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 101st song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 100 songs and have truly the 100 greatest 1960s songs of all-time. This isn't a ranking in order from #100 to #1, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 100 greatest 1960s songs.

I very purposely put this song first on purpose. This just might be the greatest song ever and quite possibly the best song of the 60s. This is one of those songs where it doesn't sound like hyperbole about it possibly being a perfect song. 1) Aretha Franklin "Respect":


2) Led Zeppelin "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You":


3) Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth":


4) Steppenwolf "Born To Be Wild":


5) The Rolling Stones "Gimme Shelter":


6) Martha and the Vandellas "Nowhere To Run":


7) The Doors "The End":


8) The Shangri-La's "Leader of The Pack":


9) Nancy Sinatra "These Boots Are Made For Walking":


10) David Bowie "Space Oddity":


11) The Archies "Sugar Sugar":


12) The Zombies "Time of The Season":


13) Creedence Clearwater Revival "Bad Moon Rising":


14) Jan and Dean "Surf City":


15) Led Zeppelin "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)":


16) The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations":


I originally had the Hues Corporation "Rock the Boat" here, then I realized that's a 70's song. I replaced it with this excellent James Bond theme song. Over 7 million YouTube views. 
f17) Shirley Bassey "Goldfinger":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites