Monday, June 27, 2022

(Finished June 27th, 2022) Part 7 of The 102 Best Songs of the 1980s

Hello,

The way I'm doing this is I'm going to post the Top 102 greatest 80s songs in order of the way I thought of them. Once I hit 102 songs I will go and look at the 102 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 101st song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 102 songs and have truly the 102 greatest 80s songs of all-time. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 102 greatest 80s songs.

I may or may not post other great 80s songs by each band listed. All of these artists are so much more than one of the 102 greatest songs of the 80s. Since most of my blogs have 17 songs each I upped this to the 102 Best Songs of the 80s. That would be six blogs with seventeen songs = 102 songs.

Over 116 million people have enjoyed this classic by Kenny Loggins. 37) Kenny Loggins "Footloose":


Other 80s classics by Kenny Loggins. "Vox Humana":


"Nobody's Fool":


"Meet Me Halfway":


Not even 50,000 views, but this video has only been available less than 6 weeks. "Heartlight":


"Forever":


The other Kenny Loggins song from the first "Top Gun" soundtrack. "Playing With The Boys":


Almost 87 million YouTube views. 38) Laura Branigan "Gloria":


Other great 80s Laura Branigan songs:

Over 122 million YouTube views for this wildly underappreciated 80s classic. If I expanded this to The 204 Best Songs of the 80s this song almost certainly would be included. "Self-Control":


"Solitaire":


"The Power of Love":


Closing in on 88 million YouTube views in the almost 10 years this version of the video has been available. 39) Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me":


Other great 80s songs by Def Leppard:


"Photograph":


"Rock of Ages":


"Foolin'":


"Rock Rock (Til You Drop)":


40) RUN-D.M.C. "It's Tricky":


Other great 80s classics by RUN-D.M.C. "It's Like That":


"King Of Rock":


"You Talk Too Much":


"Can You Rock It Like This":


"Mary Mary":


"Run's House":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites