Saturday, December 17, 2022

(Started December 17th, 2022) Part 1 of The Most Revelatory Debut CDs Ever: The Doors and Led Zeppelin

Hello,

These are the most revelatory, eye opening, heart stopping and what would I do without these CDs CDs. They cover most genres, rock, pop, alternative, funk, soul and pop. Some bands had these kind of CDs, but they came later in their careers. I'm thinking of Prince's "Purple Rain", Def Leppard's "Hysteria" and Michael Jackson's "Thriller". But I want to highlight the breakout debut CDs, some of these CDs had more impact than others. I'm sure "Led Zeppelin 1" would be included here, but I was only 2 when it was released. Obviously I can't attest for it's pop culture influence.

Never mind I have changed my mind I am going to include Led Zeppelin self-titled and The Doors "The Doors". The Doors debut CD was born the same year I was, 1967. Interestingly The Doors also released the very good "Strange Days" in 1967- musicians were a lot more prolific back in the day. I may or may not be posting the original tracks.

The Doors "The Doors" (1967):

1) "Break On Through (To The Other Side)":

2) "Soul Kitchen":

3) "The Crystal Ship":

4) "Twentieth Century Fox":

5) "Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)":

6) "Light My Fire":

7) "Back Door Man":

8) "I Looked At You":

9) "End of the Night":

10) "Take It As It Comes":

11) "The End":

Bonus tracks for this blog from 1967's "Strange Days":

12) "Strange Days":


13) "People Are Strange":


14) "Love Me Two Times":


15) "When The Music's Over":


Another version of the above song:


Led Zeppelin self-titled:

16) "Good Times Bad Times":


17) "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You":


18) "You Shook Me":


19) "Dazed and Confused":
20) "Your Time Is Gonna Come":
21) "Black Mountain Side":
22) "Communication Breakdown":
23) "I Can't Quit You Baby":
24) "How Many More Times":

"Led Zeppelin 2" was also released in the same year as their CD. Bonus songs:

25) "Whole Lotta Love":
26) "What Is and What Should Never Be":
27) "The Lemon Song":
28/29 "Heartbreaker/ "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)":
30) "Ramble On":

No comments:

Favorites