Sunday, December 11, 2022

(Finished December 11th, 2022) Great Sad Songs, Part 11, Songs 184-200

Hello,

I love, love, love Christmas movies. I also love, love, love Christmas music. Tonight I watched the movie "The Christmas Shoes" and it was as sappy as I expected. I also cried like I thought I might. The movie is what you think it will be. However I haven't decided if the song is a Christmas classic or a manipulative piece of crap. For me I have grown to love it over the years. I felt like maybe it's time for a sad song blog. This continues a series of blogs that I started in 2020 and I know that there will be some duplicates.

184) Celine Dion "It's All Coming Back To Me Now":

185) Fergie "Big Girls Don't Cry":


186) Chantal Kreviazuk "Leaving On A Jet Plane":


One of the saddest songs ever. 187) Peter, Paul and Mary "Puff The Magic Dragon":


188) Wham! "Last Christmas":

189) "Do They Know It's Christmas":

190) Soundgarden "Black Hole Sun":

191) Metallica "Sad But True":

192) "What A Strange Way To Save The World":

193) Whitney Houston "Where Do Broken Hearts Go":

194) Belinda Carlisle "Runaway Horses":

195) Bob Seger and the "Fire Lake":

196) Everlast "What It's Like":

Very similar to "Puff The Magic Dragon". 197) Kenny Loggins "Return To Pooh Corner":

198) Frank Sinatra "Send In The Clowns":

More angry and defiant than sad, but still sad. 199) "Voices Carry":

200) The Human League "Human":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites