Wednesday, December 28, 2022

(Finished December 28th, 2022) Part 7 of "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything", The Best of 1971

Hello,

I have no connection to the Apple series "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything". However I started watching the 8 episode season tonight and reliving all that history and great music. I'll use this series as an inspiration for this blog. 1971 was a weird year in many away. One of the biggest artists of that year was The Osmonds. I was only 4 that year so I didn't have an opinion, but my opinion I'm sure would not have been that high. Looking back now I'm still shocked. How did a bunch of white Utah Mormon boys be in the same league as Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin and many others?

 "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything":

The Guitar Historian's look at the best albums of 1971:

103) The Carpenters "Bless The Beast and the Children":

104) "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves":

105) Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds "Don't Pull Your Love":

The video shows 1972, but both the album and single was released in 1971. 106) Nilsson "Without You":


107) Murray Head featuring the Trinidad Singers "Superstar":


108) Gordon Lightfoot "If You Could Read My Mind":


109) Santana "Oye Como Va":


110) CCR "Hey Tonight":


111) Tommy James "Draggin The Line":

112) Stephen Stills "Love The One You're With":

113) Chicago "Colour My World":

114) Three Dog Night "Liar":

115) Bobby Goldsboro "Watching Scotty Grow":

116) The Fortunes "Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again":

117) Van Morrison "Wild Night":

118) Rare Earth "I Just Want To Celebrate":

119) Undisputed Truth "Smiling Faces Sometimes":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites