Sunday, December 25, 2022

(Started December 25th, 2022) Part 1 of According To Ranker.com The Worst Freakin' Songs of the '80s, Ranked (AKA The Most Fun and Ridiculous Songs of the 80s)

Hello,

Some of these somes are truly bad, but some of these are just amazing songs. Now presenting the best of the "worst". The numbers in parenthesis is Rankers' ranking. Some of these songs I've never heard of  so I am going to include them so I can hear them.

These are the bad/ unknown songs.

Okay I have to admit this isn't the best song, but it's very much a song of it's time. The 1985 Chicago Bears could do anything but sing. 

1) Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew "Super Bowl Shuffle":


This song is also ranked at #51 for some reason. 2) Bruce Willis "Respect Yourself":

Feels like a rip off of You Spin Me Round and a very cheesy rip off. I can see why I hadn't heard of this song before today.4) Russ Abbot "Atmosphere":

5) Barry Mann "Find Another Fool":


This song is so obscure that I couldn't find it on YouTube, but here is The Culture Club's "War Song" I don't remember this song but it went to #2 in England and #17 here in America. From what I can tell The Culture Club's version is different from the version by Sassafras. It seems The Culture Club has now essentially disowned this song. 6) Sassafras "The War Song":

The Culture Club "The War Song":

7) Laidback "Sunshine Reggae":

I'd rather not. 8) The Reynolds Girls "I'd Rather Jack":

9) Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers "Agadoo":

Not necessarily a bad song, but as with song 1 this is very much a song of it's time.11) New Kids on the Block "Hangin' Tough":


Ick. When the 80's Synth sounds didn't work out as well as it could have. 12) Modern Talking "Geronimo's Cadillac":

Again a song very much of it's time. 13) Eddie Murphy "Party All The TIme":

I hear both "Funky Town" and "You Spin Me Right Round (Like A Record)"14) Paul Lekakis "Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room)":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites