Thursday, December 22, 2022

(Finished December 22nd, 2022) Part 17 of themusicaddict's Actual Greatest Songs Of All-Time (Special Christmas Songs Edition)

Hello,

Another Greatest Songs of All-Time issued from on high by Rolling Stone magazine. I love that magazine and have been a subscriber since approximately the early 80s. I understand that a lot of people have different tastes in music. That's the way it should be, but like everyone else I have my own opinions. Just as fervently as I agree with some of their choices I also disagree with some of their choices. Currently I'm working on my Top 100 Songs of All-Time and honorable mentions. There are just some songs that I can't not include in the Greatest Songs of All-Time. I started with 100 Greatest Songs of All-Time. That has inched up to several hundred songs and will continue to rise. For this blog I'm going to focus on the actual Greatest Songs Of All Time, not the honorable mentions. These are songs that are ranked outside of my Top 100 GSOAT. 

These lists are very fluid. Most of these songs could have also been in my All-Time Top 100 if only I had thought of them earlier. There are probably at least 700 songs that will always be in my GSOAT. Again these are GSOAT, just outside my Top 100 GSOAT. 

373) Thurl Ravensclaw "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch":


374) Elton John "Step Into Christmas":

375) Michael Crawford "Mary Did You Know":

376) Royal Choral Society "Hallelujah Chorus":

377) Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Wizards In Winter":

378) Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Back To A Reason 2":

379) Lady A "Baby It's Cold Outside":

380) Madonna "Santa Baby":

381) Whitney Houston "Do You Hear What I Hear":

382) Elvis Presley "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me":

I already included this song at #73 but it's appropriate to have it here again. Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas":

383) "Carol Of The Bells":

384) for King and Country "O Come All Ye Faithful":

All I've got to say is WOW! What a voice, what a song, what a combination. 385) Celine Dion "Oh Holy Night":

Christina Aguilera "Oh Holy Night":

386) Jeremy Fisher "Snowflakes":

387) Kelly Clarkson "My Favorite Things":


Julie Andrews "My Favorite Things":


Bonus Christmas Songs: Joe Nichols "Old Toy Trains":


Blackmore's Night "I Saw Three Ships On Christmas Day":


Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Christmas Canon":


Trans-Siberian Orchestra "Old City Bar":


London Symphony "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites