Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009Top 13 following

Hello,

1) Megan Joy Corkrey (LW: 2) Although her "Walkin' After Midnight" was not the best performance, she has been singing some inspired songs. She makes some quirky song choices to go along with her quirky personality. I liked her "Rockin' Robin", even though I didn't think it would be that good. I actually bought "Rockin Robin" and it sounds great. I give her kudos for going old school on Grand Old Opry week with a Patsy Cline song. She has such a unique voice and I bought her "Walkin' After Midnight". She definitely is my favorite remaining singer.

2) Allison Iraheta (LW: 5) Again her "Blame It On Your Heart" was not the best performance. She sang it well though. She also has one of the best voices in the competition. I still don't think she's going to win but I like her a lot. She also needs someone to help her dress better. Her clothing taste has not been very good.

3) Lil Rounds (LW: 6) At least I remember what song she sang. That scores her some points. Although "Independence Day" also was not the most exciting performance. Her performances of late have been deteriorating.

4) Alexis Grace (LW: 1) After being #1 on themusicaddict's rankings for four consecutive weeks she was eliminated from "AI". Looking back, this week there was not many great performances. Her "Jolene" certainly fell into that group. She still shouldn't have been eliminated. Who would you rather see on the "AI" tour, her or Michael Sarver?

5) Matt Giraud (LW: 13) This was probably the best performance of the night and also his best performance. I thought his "So Small" was so great. If he has performances like this week, he could challenge for the "AI" Season 8 crown.

6) Scott MacIntyre (LW: 10) Although I'm in the minority here I loved his "Wild Angels", again that is a song that I've never heard. I thought his was one of the best performances of the night. I also purchased this.

7) Anoop Desai (LW: 7) Another one of the better performances of the week with Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind". He compared favorably to the original. I didn't buy his version but I did buy Willie Nelson's classic version. Nelson's version of that song is near perfect. Anoop continues to be one of my favorite contestants of the week.

8) Danny Gokey (LW: 4) One of the idiot judges, was it Kara, said she thought that Carrie Underwood would buy his version of "Jesus Take The Wheel". I highly doubt it. Why do the judges keep on hyping these marginal talents? Is it so they can get the producers favorites to the finals. I kind of agree with ew.com's Kristin Baldwin when she calls him the Ghoulish Widower.

9 and 10) Felicia Barton and Mishavonna Henson. (LW: # 8 & 9) Yes, I know both of them are eliminated. I would prefer to see them week after week than Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen, Michael Sarver, Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre. Although I did buy Henson's "Drops of Jupiter". It wasn't as good as I remembered, that girl can really sing.

11) Michael Sarver: (LW: 12) I think he sang "I Ain't Fallin' Asleep Until He Stops Singing". His performance was truly breathtaking, it took his breath about 20 seconds into the song. Although he seems like a very classy guy, it's time for him to go. Please take Adam with you.

12) Kris Allen (LW: 14) Mr. Vanilla Yawn!!!!!! Another contestant the judges overpraised. His "To Make You Feel My Love" was the most boring performance of the night. Another performance I had to look at my notes to remind myself what he sang. That makes sense as his performance probably put me in a coma. It's time for him to go as well.

13) Adam Lambert (LW: 3) I don't even want to think about his train wreck of a performance. Randy called his performance "hot". I call his performance "not". Did you like how Randy noted that Adam sang Jeff Buckley's version of that song. Dawg knows how to use Google.

March 18th, 2009 results night review. First another group performance and another terrible performance. They beat the crap out of Travis Tritt's "Trouble". "AI" producers why do you keep on subjecting us to these terrible group performances? As with Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Kara DioGaurdia, these group performances have got to go. Another thing that needs to go: the Ford music video was horrible again.

Next were highlights of the goodbye party for those contestants that have been voted off. That was Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez. The goodbye party is nice but it doesn't make for great TV. The results show is extreme filler. Ryan first asks Alexis her feelings about results night. Was that coincidence? Probably not. Next is Michael Sarver talking about missing his family. The producers continue their shameless pimping. Ryan then makes dumb jokes about Megan's illness. Filler, filler and more filler.

Next are the results. Danny is staying, no surprises. Ryan says to Lil "sit down and enjoy yourself". She had an extreme overreaction. I'm starting to sour on her a bit. Anoop "your safe buddy, take a seat". Then Ryan has Allison and Michael stand up and both of them are in the bottom 3. Ryan made the mistake of asking Paula a question at this point. Please don't ask her questions, she's just not very smart. Even when she has a chance to prepare something, Paula doen't seem intelligent. Allison and Michael are in the bottom three. Michael is very deserving of that but Allison isn't. Allison wore another ugly outfit.

Brad Paisley took the stage to sing "Then". I love Brad Paisley, he's the most relevant country artist performing. However "Then" is not a very good remake of some of his other songs. For instance it reminds me a lot of "Better Than This", same theme and same sentiment. It also reminds me a lot of "The World" and "She's Everything".

Back to the results with Scott MacIntyre. They toy with his emotions. Scott you "can pack your bags... you are going on tour". Megan Joy (or whatever name she's going by this week. Ryan says to her, "You're going on tour as well". He has Matt Giraud stand up as the girls squeal. Ryan: "Matt you are safe". Next is Kris Allen. Ryan says "Welcome to the top ten, you are safe." And a nation of bored people cheer.

Ryan has Alexis and Adam stand up, two early front runners. However in this case there is no doubt who is safe and who isn't. Ryan asks Randy a question and the male version of Paula forgets Alexis' name. Dawg, there are only 11 people left in the competition.

So the bottom three are Alexis, Allison and Michael. Ryan then sends Allison to the couch of safety.

Finally it's time for the gorgeous Carrie Underwood to sing with Randy Travis. Carrie sounds great but Randy Travis sounds sort of ragged. After a good version of that song, it's time for the final results. It's between Alexis and Micheal. Michael is safe. Ryan asks Simon what he thinks. Simon says to Alexis "You were the one we were thinking about saving" referring to the stupid judges save. (Let's just call it what it really is, the producers save.) Unfortunately Alexis did not do a good repeat performance of "Jolene". Why don't they let her sing whatever she wants? After her performance Simon says "you're good but not good enough". Alexis sadly is eliminated.

Remember next week "American Idol" will be on Wednesday and Thursday due to President Obama speaking Tuesday night. The theme will be celebrating Motown's 50 year anniversary. This should be a much better week for performances.

I should be back tomorrow with a short blog. Time got away from me yesterday so I apologize for not writing a blog yesterday. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites