Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Round 3 of the Top 36 preview,

Hello,

From what I've seen so far tonight's group is by far the weakest. I'll list tonight's contestants and their current themusicaddict ranking (TMAR).

1) Lil Rounds (3) She'll probably sing last tonight, that's the pimp spot given to the producer's favorites. I agree with the producers on her as I also really like her. Lil remember vocal restraint can be a good thing.

2) Scott McIntyre (11) I really liked his "And So It Goes" in the audition round and loved his singing of "Home" in Hollywood.

3) Jorge Nunez (12) In the audition round he was someone who had a powerful voice but sang with restraint. I could definitely see him being the top male vote getter from this group. He should probably be a little higher in my rankings.

4) Felicia Barton (13) I'm expecting big things from her tonight. I love the tone, power and rawness of her voice.

5) Taylor Vaifauna (14) She is very young, only 16 or 17, but she has an amazing voice as well. I'm hoping she'll be more like Allison Iraheta than Stevie Wright.

6) Arianna Afsar (18) Like most of the contestants in tonight's round, she's mostly an unknown quantity. She could be fantastic or terrible.

7) Nate Marshall (24) Again he could surprise but the talent drop seems to be very big after Arianna Afsar. I just can't get his whining in Hollywood week out of my head.

8) Alex Wagner-Trugman (25) Another mostly unknown contestant, I only remember him from the audition rounds and I thought he was okay there.

9 & 10) Kendall Beard and Kristin McNamara (26 & 27) I hope one or both of these ladies stand out more tonight. Either/or might be fantastic but honestly I still can't tell the difference between both.

11) Von Smith (33) Unless he amazes tonight, I hope this is the last time we see him.

12) Ju'not Joyner (not rated) He sang "Hey Delilah" in Hollywood and I thought he was terrible with that song. Again for the most part an unknown quantity.

From tonight's group to advance to the Top 12, Lil Rounds is as much of a sure thing as there is. I expect the battle between the men to be fought between Jorge Nunez, Scott MacIntyre and maybe Ju'not Joyner. To get the third, non gender specific spot I would put my money on Felicia Barton. Tonight's show is two hours, with a one hour results show tomorrow night. Thursday is the wildcard round and the announcement of the Final 3 contestants advancing to the Top 12.

Barring the unforeseen, I'll be back with my review of tonight's show tomorrow.

Have a good Tuesday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites