Monday, March 9, 2009

Quick blog today, Miscellaneous News and Notes

Hello,

Just a quick blog today. I'm going to be working 40+ hours this week so my blogs will be limited and short this week. I hope to have a full review of Week 1 of the "AI" finals by Wednesday afternoon however.

As I've written before this just isn't an "AI" blog. Here's some other news and notes: The most highly anticipated tour for me this summer is the No Doubt/ Paramore tour. That should be a fantastic concert. Both acts are fantastic. When you buy tickets to the concert you receive a digital download code. You then can download all 80 songs from No Doubt, including a new song they recorded. No word on when their new CD will be released though.

One of my favorite shows has been cancelled. That show being "Life On Mars". It's been a very entertaining show. It has great characters and I love the evolving storyline. Please ABC let the writers finish out this season and explain the mystery about whether the main character is really in 1973.

I have been reading the Stephen King "The Dark Tower" series. On Saturday I finished the fourth book in the series, "Wizards and Glass". That was the best book of the series up to that point. I've been disappointed with King's work over the last several years, it's become too creepy. However I'm loving this series of books. I'm currently reading The Dark Tower 5: "Wolves of The Calla". The writing continues to be fantastic. King has a real knack of having you fall in love with the characters and really care about what happens to them. I'll probably be done with the whole series in a couple of months.

MSNBC is reporting that tomorrow night's "AI" will be a double elimination. (I haven't seen 100% confirmation of this yet though from official sources.) Speaking of which, ew.com is having a Predict Who Goes Home contest. Check it out, I've signed up to play it. I'm predicting that Jasmine Murray is going home. The contest was started before Wednesday's double elimination was announced. In this contest, Michael Sarver is receiving the most votes to be eliminated this week. EW's "Idol" guru, Michael Slezak, is also predicting Sarver is going home. If there is really a double elimination, I'm predicting Murray and Kris "Vanilla" Allen will be eliminated. There still is 2+ days to enter this contest. See you there.

Even if there is are two person who go home this week, I don't think Sarver will be one. He has a pretty solid fan base. Remember he was voted into the Top 12 over fan favorite Anoop Desai. People also really like him, you can get a lot of votes for being nice. This really isn't a singing competition anymore, if it ever was. I feel pretty confident he'll be around for a two or three weeks at least. Meanwhile Jasmine got into the Top 13 through the controversial wildcard selection process. She was picked by the judges, not by the fans. If it was up to me Danny Gokey would go home this week.

Remember the Top 13 perform tomorrow night, no official confirmation on whether this will actually be a double elimination round. This week will be Michael Jackson week. Also there's suppose to be some kind of twist. Let's hope that is the last twist of the season. The show is good enough without the producers constant meddling. Just let the show have a natural flow.

I'll probably be back Wednesday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites