Tuesday, March 31, 2009

News N' Notes, Songs Rocking my iPod

Hello,

I'm posting a quick blog today. My review of "AI" will be coming Thursday. That's my day off this week. I have a phone job interview tomorrow morning with Verizon. (Wish me luck.) If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know I have been working a very low paying, dead end job these last 7 months. It's better than not having a job at all, but not much better. I'm hoping to get a job with Verizon, that would help us financially. It would also be good to have a job where I use my brain. Verizon has a lot going for it.

Some quick news: tonight's "AI" theme is Top Downloads, no one seems to know exactly what that means. I guess we'll find out tonight. Hopefully the Idols will be able to perform something relatively current. That long has been a criticism of "AI" that their themes are decades old. How can you show you're a current artist if the songs are from 50 years ago? No, Adam Lambert's "Tracks of My Tears" did not sound current. This should be an interesting week.

Video of the day: "Thank U"- Alanis Morissette. mrsmusicaddict asked why is she naked in this video? She further said she doesn't have that hot of body. My answer is I have no idea.

Green Day is releasing their new CD on Friday, May 15th. The name of the CD is "21st Century Breakdown". My oldest son, Trevor, his favorite band is Green Day. Also Trevor's birthday is on May 15th. So that's pretty cool. We are going to go and buy the CD that day for him. I'm trying to pass on a love of rock music that I've had my whole life. Music and especially rock music has helped me during some hard times in my life.

Frequent readers of this blog know that I've been reading the Stephen King series "The Dark Tower". I just recently finished the 6th book in the series "Song Of Susannah". Another good book but not great. I still think the fourth and fifth books of the series are the two best books. Those books are "Wizards and Glass" and "The Wolves of the Calla". I'm now reading the series finale: "The Dark Tower". Thanks to the Davis County Library that I'm able to check out those books there. I can't afford to buy the books so I'm very grateful to be able to check them out.

I have been listening to the new Kelly Clarkson CD, "All I Ever Wanted". Am I the only one who thinks she is sounding a lot like Katy Perry on that CD. Katy Perry did co-write two songs on the CD, including the new single "I Do Not Hook Up". This may or may not be intentional. However Kelly just sing using your normal voice, you have a great voice. There's a reason you are a superstar and have left being an American Idol behind. However as Randy Jackson says, the CD is "aight for me"."

R.I.P. Blender magazine. This was a pretty entertaining music magazine. It was one of the magazines that I subscribe to. It was a magazine written with a snarky sense-of-humor and it will be missed. Also amazon.com has an amazing 76 new songs available for download today. Former Idol Lakisha Jones has her new single available for download from iTunes and amazon.com right now. The name of the song is "Let's Celebrate" and it's from her forthcoming CD "So Glad I'm Me". That CD will be out May 19th.

Songs rockin' my iPod: 1) "One Moment In Time"- Whitney Houston 2) "Ring of Fire"- Johnny Cash I'm hoping Adam Lambert's jank re imaging of that song won't destroy it for me forever. 3) "Baby Got Back"- Sir Mix-a-Lot One of the very few rap songs that I absolutely love. 4) "Too Bad About Your Girl"- The Donnas I had a great idea last night. Let's join the musical abilities of the Donnas and Madonna together. They could form a band and they would be the called The MaDonnas. What do you think? Yes I have too much time to think about dumb things at my current job. 5) "Missionary Man"- Eurythmics 6) "Reelin In the Years"- Steely Dan Aren't we all. 7) "I Ran (So Far Away)"- A Flock of Seagulls 8) "Real Good Man"- Tim McGraw 9) "United"- Judas Priest 10) "Shout At The Devil" (Live)- Motley Crue 11) "Bullet In Your Head"- Rage Against The Machine 12) "Bring on The Dancing Horses"- Echo and the Bunnymen 13) "Harder To Breathe"- Maroon 5 This is such a bitter break up song. 14) "Romeo and Juliet"- Dire Straits One of the all-time great ballads. Dire Straits is a very much under appreciated band. 15) "Rock Lobster"- The B52's A great dance song. I remember this song being played at many dances I went to as a young kid. 16) "Don't Stop The Music"- Rihanna 17) "Dirty Diana"- Michael Jackson 18) "I Stand Alone"- Jackyl All are great songs.

I'll be back Thursday with my "AI" review. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites