Wednesday, March 25, 2009

News N' Notes, Songs Rocking my iPod

Hello,

There's not a lot exciting going on now. "American Idol" resumes tonight with Motown being the theme. Motown is celebrating their 50 year anniversary. There are a lot of great songs in the Motown catalog, let's hope the 10 contestants the good songs. I think Anoop, Matt, Alexis and Megan will be the best tonight. (What's that Alexis has been eliminated? She'll be sorely missed. See her 3 part interview with Michael Slezak on ew.com's "Idolatry".) I hope Michael Sarver, Kris Allen or Adam Lambert get eliminated. I realize it's highly unlikely the last two will be eliminated. I'm ready for all 3 of those people to go.

Other "AI" news: Remember ew.com is having a predict who is going home contest. As of right now you have a little over a day to pick for this week. I pick Michael Sarver will be going home this week. I'm not alone as 58% of people picking think Michael Sarver is going home. Interestingly enough 0% think Kris Allen or Lil Rounds are going home. (Simon her name is Lil, not Little.) Yours truly currently is tied for 727th place out of 8058 contestants. Go me.

A couple of final notes before I get to songs rocking my iPod. Jennifer Hudson is going to be appearing on "American Idol" soon. That way "AI" can continue to take credit for her success, although they had very little do with it. (They gave her the platform though.) She finished 7th place during the third season of "AI". When are they going to have John Stevens, George Huff, LaToya London and Jasmine Trias perform as well? If Hudson is famous because of "AI" why are the rest of those people not popular? They all finished ahead of Hudson. For the record Fantasia won that season. Hudson will be taping her performance after tonight's show and it will be shown at a later date.

Last week amazon.com had the great song available "Fairwell To The Fairground" by White Lies. This week they have another great song available. It's from a CD sampler amazon.com has that is free. The sampler is entitled "Eagle Records Live At Montreaux". It's a collection of performances from the Montreaux festival. The great song from it is Jethro Tull's "Aqualung". Yes I know that is an old song, but this is a different and very cool arrangement. Check it out, what do you have to lose? amazon.com has an amazing 44 free MP3's available this week.

Songs rockin my iPod: 1) "Bullet In The Head"- Rage Against The Machine From one of the best debut CD's of all-time. 2) "Do It Again"- Steely Dan 3) "Now I'm Following You"- Madonna. This is from the "Dick Tracy" movie. 4) "Rock Me"- Liz Phair This is one of her best songs from her best CD by far: "Liz Phair". It's much better than the over hyped "Exile To Guyville". 5) "Heartache Tonight"- The Eagles 6) "I'm Gonna Be" (500 Miles)"- The Proclaimers 7) "Smoke On The Water"- Deep Purple 8) "The Best Damn Thing"- Avril Lavigne 9) "Veronica"- Elvis Costello 10) "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"- The Platters 11) "Rock, Rock (Till You Drop)" - Def Leppard 12) "Best I Can"- Queensryche 13) "(Flesh and Blood) Sacrifice"- Poison 14) "Born In The U.S.A."- The Boss 15) "All Good Things (Come To An End)"- Nelly Furtado One of the best and most under appreciated singers currently on the scene. 16) "Young Lust"- Pink Floyd 17) "Picture To Burn"- Taylor Swift 18) "Rock N' Roll Hoochie Koo"- Rick Derringer 19) "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" (Live)- Megan Joy from "American Idol" 20) "Stone In Love" (Live)- Journey 21) "One Rock 'N' Roll Too Many" (Live)- Syesha Mercado Also from "American Idol". 22) "No Myth"- Michael Penn 23) "What Have You Done For Me Lately"- Janet Jackson. What happened to the fun Janet Jackson of the "Control" and "Black Cat" era? 24) "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink"- Merle Haggard 25) "Good Girl Gone Bad"- Rihanna This is from what could be the best CD of this decade, "Good Girl Gone Bad".

I'm working the next three days, I'm not sure when my "AI" reviews will be online. I won't be able to watch tonight's show until tomorrow morning at the earliest. I'll be back soon though. Have a great week, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites