Monday, March 23, 2009

News N' Notes

Hello,

I spent an enjoyable couple of hours watching TV with my wife last night. We watched another excellent episode of "Cold Case". That's the one of the best TV shows currently going. mrs musicaddict then DVR'd most of "Celebrity Apprentice" for us and we enjoyed that. I'm not sure why I enjoy that show, but I do. Usually arrogant celebrities doesn't do anything for me. As a sports fan Dennis Rodman's behavior doesn't surprise me one bit. His agenda always seemed to be more important than what team he was playing for. That continues with "Celebrity Apprentice". Ivanka is a little bit too dispassionate, but she seems to get more gorgeous each week. Please don't tell mrsmusicaddict.

Speaking of great TV, starting last Thursday my three favorite weeks of sports started. That's right, it's time for March Madness. Saturday night was two excellent examples of why I love March Madness so much. First 7th seeded Texas gave 2nd seeded Duke all they could handle before losing in the last minute. Then in a game going on at the same time Gonzaga won on a last second shot by one of their freshmen. Both games ended about 5 minutes apart and CBS cut back and forth between both. That built the tension for two exciting finishes. Thank goodness we don't have to deal with Billy Packer anymore. He was one of the most annoying and arrogant sports announcers of all-time. In fact he might be the most annoying and arrogant sports announcer ever. He's technically called the color guy but he was always black and white to me.

This summer Nine Inch Nails is going on tour with Jane's Addiction and up and coming band Street Sweeper. To promote this tour they have a free sampler featuring two songs from each band. All these tracks are very good and rockin' and you can't beat the price. Go to this website: http://www.ninja2009.com. (I loved how they used the initials from Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction to come up with ninja.) Go to that site and submit your e-mail address. They'll then send you a link to download these tracks. With your e-mail they send you notices about Nine Inch Nails and occasionally more offers to get free music.

Recently thanks to someone very nice I was able to buy some new music at iTunes, which included multiple performances from this season of "AI". I bought 10 tracks and I'll give you the Top 5 of those songs. 1) "Rockin Robin" by Megan Joy 2) "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree" by Megan Joy 3) "Dirty Diana" by Alexis Grace 4) "Give Me One Reason" by Kristin McNamara and 5) "So Small" by Matt Giraud. All 5 songs are excellent and I definitely recommend you purchase them all if you can afford it.

I know I have got away a bit from the MTV music video of the day. That's due to following "American Idol". Today's video of the day is Def Leppard's "Animal". First of all that's a great song. I know the video is cheesy but that's okay. Cheesy is one of the main themes of the 80s.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites