Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29th Top 11, following Motown week

Hello,

Here is my Top 11. A little more clarification on the theme of Top Downloads. It seems like the 9 remaining Idols will be singing a song from this week's Top 100 iTunes chart.

Mishavonna Henson and Felicia Barton have fallen off my rankings. They should have got a shot at the Top 13 over Michael Sarver or Jorge Nunez. I hope that's not the last we hear from them. I'm going to go in reverse order today. LW = last week.

11) Adam Lambert (LW: 13) He only moved up because there are only 11 positions in my rankings. He zapped two classic songs of all the things that make them great. He absolutely destroyed the Man in Black's classic "Ring Of Fire". With a show that has featured Sanjaya and Haley Scarnato, his "Fire" has to be one of the biggest abominations ever on the "Idol" stage. I also didn't like his torture of the great Smokey Robinson song "Tracks of My Tears". Random note the TV show "American Idol Extra" asked the Idols what are some of their guilty pleasures. Adam Lambert said that Bob Marley was one of his guilty pleasures. Uh Adam, Bob Marley is not a guilty pleasure. Marley is the man and a musical genius who died way too soon. As of Sunday morning Lambert only has 1% of the vote in ew.com's Predict Who Goes Home contest.

10) Danny Gokey (LW: 8) Someone please get him off my TV! Danny Gokey is finally getting votes in ew.com's Predict Who Is Going Home contest. Right now he is only at 8%. Hopefully that means he'll be eliminated soon. I'm so ready for him to go home. I can't take too much more of Mr. awkward and dorky.

9) Kris Allen (LW: 12) Another vanilla performance by Mr. Vanilla. I can't remember what Mr. Vanilla sang this last week. Enough said. The ladies love him and so he's only getting 1% of the votes in the Predict Who Goes Home contest. However as for me I'm ready for a triple elimination of him, Lambert and Gokey.

8) Michael Sarver (LW: 11) Yes I know he was eliminated and his performance of "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" wasn't very good on Wednesday's show. That being said I would still rather see him than the above three. I easily remembered what he sang and his performance of that song on the results show was fantastic.

7) Scott MacIntyre (LW: 6) Unless he has an absolutely amazing performance I think this is his last week on the show. That's too bad as he's one of the most endearing contestants and he's very quick on his feet. He has 61% of the Predict Who Goes Home vote.

6) Anoop Desai (LW:7) He's staying out of the limelight a bit, which seems to be helping him. He probably still has two or three weeks to have a breakout performance. If he doesn't have one soon, he'll be lucky to make the Top 5. He's only getting 2% of the Predict Who Goes home contest.

5) Lil Rounds (LW: 3) She also needs to have a breakout performance as well as she needs to learn to make an emotional connection with the audience this week. If she can't make that emotional connection, she'll be lucky to make the Top 5 as well. Is there a song in the Top 100 she can do that with? Maybe she could sing Taylor Swift's "Love Story" or Journey's "Don't Stop Believing". That last song being one of the most durable songs on the iTunes Top 100. I think it would be hilarious for someone to sing "Home Sweet Home" this week. Lil is only getting 3% of the Predict Who Goes Home vote.

4) Alexis Grace (LW: 4) Yes I know she is eliminated :( I'll go listen to her "Dirty Diana" and I'll feel better. She would have kicked butt during Motown Week. If the judges were going to use the producer's save that was the week they should have used it. We all know they weren't going to use it for Michael Sarver.

3) Matt Giraud (LW: 5) He has soared from 13 in these rankings following two solid performances. His "So Small" and his "Let's Get It On" were both fantastic. The next bottom three he should be in is in the Top 3 finalists. I don't understand why he isn't getting the hype of the other men. I think by far he's the best remaining male contestant. Matt is getting 4% of the Predict Who Goes Home vote. He has the 4th highest percentage of votes.

2) Allison Iraheta (LW: 2) Another solid performance of the Temptations' "Papa Was A Rolling Stone". As has been said on "Idolatry" she is "16 going on 400". I don't think she has a big enough voting bloc behind her to win though. However she may be the most relevant of all the contestants. I think she'll do fantastic this week. She's receiving 0% of the Predict Who Goes Home vote.

1) Megan Joy Corkrey (LW: 1) She jazzed up Stevie Wonder's "For Once In My Life". Was it her best performance? No! Did I still love it and will I buy it in the future? Yes! Will she win "American Idol"? No! But she'll be my "American Idol". I'd love to see her and Allison in concert together. One a woman who can really mix things and the other built in the classic Janis Joplin mode. I'd be fine having Alexis Grace singing with them as well. Unfortunately for me, she's receiving 20% of the Predict Who Goes Home vote.

Have the rest of a good weekend and go North Carolina!. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites