Tuesday, March 17, 2009

News N' Notes, "AI" preview

Hello,

Remember "American Idol" returns tonight. Tonight's ambiguous theme is the songs from the Grand Old Opry. Before the Top 11 even perform America's majority and Michael Slezak pick Scott MacIntyre as the one who'll be going home this week. That comes from the ew.com/Predictify contest. I'm going to actually wait until I see them perform before I make my prediction. With this theme, it could be make or break for a lot of contestants. I'm expecting more break than make.

mjsbigblog.com states there is an "AI" female staffer saying that the Top 4 of this season has already been picked. This unknown source claims the Top 4 will be Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert, Lil Rounds and Alexis Grace. The first three are the producer's favorites and Alexis Grace is a true break out talent. According to this same source the producers think Lil Rounds is to close to Fantasia and Adam Lambert is too close to Daughtry. I don't think those last two are that similar at all. This source claims the producers want Alexis Grace or Danny Gokey to win. If I'd been made to guess which four would be the finalists according to this source the four I would have picked are those four.

Of course who survives from week to week supposedly is decided by America's votes. However why do you think they added the judges save? I read a comment somewhere that I thought was both funny and accurate. The comment paraphrased is that the only reason for the judges save is to save Lil Rounds if she's eliminated too soon. (I'm sorry I don't remember where I saw that or I would give proper credit.)

If I could decide my Top 4 would be Megan Corkrey, Alexis Grace, Allison Iraheta or Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai. I wouldn't mind seeing Leneshe Young, Mishavonna Hensen or Felicia Barton again.

As you know each week amazon.com and iTunes offers free songs. To be able to download these free songs, all you have to do is to have accounts set up with them. Today amazon.com has 3 samplers available plus a song called "Farewell to the Fairground" by the band White Lines. The samplers are interesting but "Farewell To The Fairground" is excellent. I've already added it to my iPod.

Do you remember the first CD you ever bought? I'm wondering as I've been listening to the first CD I ever bought over the last few days. I've been listening to it in my car driving around. That CD is Bon Jovi's 1988 CD "New Jersey". Although I'm not the biggest Bon Jovi fan, this is still a great CD. It doesn't sound dated and there are a lot of good songs on it. If you like that classic 80's rock sound check out "New Jersey". "Slippery When Wet" is also a great Bon Jovi CD.

Songs rockin my iPod: 1) "Pistola"- Incubus This song really kicks butt. 2) "Pink Triangle"- Weezer One of the many great early Weezer songs, unfortunately their later music hasn't been as good. 3) "Picture To Burn"- Taylor Swift One of the most relevant artists there are. 4) "Physical"- Olivia Newton-John Yeah you're probably wondering what the heck? This is a very good song though. 5) "Babe"- Styx This song holds up very well even after all this time. 6) "Genie In The Bottle"- Christina Aguilera 7) "Run To The Hills" The version I have of this song isn't the original, it's actually from an Iron Maiden tribute CD. The tribute doesn't even list the band. However this is a great version of that song. 8) "Baby Hold On"- The Dixie Chicks 9) "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (Live)- U2 If you're of a certain age you remember growing up with this video on MTV. 10) "Twisting By The Pool"- Dire Straits
11) "Holler Back"- The Lost Trailers This is a hilarious song.

12) "Oops... I Did It Again"- Britney Spears. Yes there are some Britney Spears songs I like. 13) "Over The Hills and Far Away"- Led Zeppelin Another classic song by the world's greatest band ever. 14) "Pop Goes The World"- Men Without Hats One of those very quirky 80's songs. 15) "He Stopped Loving Her Today"- George Jones I think this could be a great song for Michael Sarver to sing tonight. 16) "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"- The Platters 17) "Footloose"- Kenny Loggins 18) "Kiss From A Rose"- Seal 19) "Pretty In Pink" Although the name of a classic 80's movie, a rather obscure song. If you hadn't figured it out by now, I'm very much a child of the 80's. By far the best decade for music. 20) "Sadeness (Part 1)- Enigma 21) "Limelight"- Rush

I'm again working a lot of hours this week, so my blogs are going to be less frequent than I would like. I'm going to try to be back tomorrow with some kind of review of tonight's "AI". That show could be a real train wreck.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites