Friday, April 3, 2009

"AI" Finals Week 4, March 31st and April 1st, 2009 Pt. 1

Hello,

First a quick personal note. For the last 7 months I've been working a miserable, low paying job. I'm only making $8 a hour with a job that has no future. The other day we were told that "because of the economy, there would be no more raises". I've been looking for a real job even before I started working at my current job. On Wednesday I had a phone interview with Verizon Wireless. I was able to move to the next round of their hiring process. Yesterday I went out to their local facility. I passed the 7 online assessments and then moved to the next stage. I had an one to one interview with a Verizon Wireless supervisor. I felt that it went okay. I don't interview very well. Anyway one of their HR people talked to me and said they would let me know early next week whether I have a job. That job would make life so much better for my family. Things would still be difficult for us, but at least there's a future with Verizon Wireless.

I was very busy yesterday including being at Verizon for about 3 hours yesterday. I also watched both "AI" episodes and it was my middle son's birthday. (Happy late birthday big boy.) The result is I didn't have time to write a blog yesterday. I also don't have time to write a full review today. Here's part 1 and I hope to have the second and last part tomorrow. Sunday will be my new top 10 list, there are some very dramatic changes from last week.

Thanks as always to mjsbigblog.com for this info that I can copy and paste.

The kids visit Ryan’s studio. Why? I guess Ryan isn't getting enough exposure.

1) Anoop Desai sang “Caught Up” by Usher. I liked it, it was upbeat and fun. The judges didn't really like it. When it was Kara's turn to speak, she said something about "up in your range" and then my mind turned off. I'm so sick of Kara, it's time for her to go. She sucks and adds absolutely nothing to the show. Grade: C. Buy? No.

2) Megan Joy sang “Turn Your Lights Down Low” by Lauryn Hill/Bob Marley. This was her worst performance "by a country mile" as Simon would say. I was very disappointed by it. The idea of her singing a Bob Marley song in theory is pretty cool. There are about 25 better Bob Marley songs though. How about singing "Iron Lion Zion", "Get Up, Stand Up", "No Woman, No Cry", "I Shot The Sheriff" or "Buffalo Soldier"? Any of those would have been considerably better. Her performance was so bad that she probably replaced Scott MacIntyre going home. Grade: D-. Buy? No.

3) Danny Gokey sang “What Hurts the Most” by Rascal Flatts. Ryan had a pre-interview with him. It's obvious he's a producer's favorite although I have no idea why. themusicaddict passes along his condolences for the death of Danny's grandfather. Thanks to you and the producers being a lot more sensitive about that than the way the death of your wife was handled. Kara actually said, "you moved everyone in this room emotionally". Puke! (That's reason 6 million and four why Kara needs to go.) Also the judges let him bask in the applause. Puke! Usually the reason something is over hyped is because it's not very good. That appears to be the case here. I thought his performance was "aight" (as Randy would say). Grade C-. Buy? No why would I when I already have Rascal Flatts' superior version.

Part 2 hopefully tomorrow.

* Allison Iraheta - “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt - VIDEO - iTunes
* Scott MacIntyre- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel - VIDEO - iTunes
* Matt Giraud - “You Found Me” by The Fray - VIDEO - iTunes
* Lil Rounds - “Surrender” by Celine Dion - VIDEO - iTunes
* Adam Lambert - “Play That Funky Music White Boy” by Wild Cherry - VIDEO - iTunes
* Kris Allen - “Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone” by Bill Withers - VIDEO - iTunes

No comments:

Favorites