Thursday, April 16, 2009

"AI" Finals Week 6, April 14th and 15th Part 2

Hello,

Welcome to my 200th blog post. To those of you who read this on a regular basis I thank you very much. I have fun writing this blog and expressing my opinions. There have been so many times I have thought I wish I could express my feelings. Then I realize I have a blog and I can.

I'm still on a high about Susan Doyle and her breakout performance on "Britain's Got Talent". I don't know how far she's going to go into that competition, but she already has made a worldwide impact. She appeared on CBS "Early Show" this morning and sang "I Dreamed A Dream" again. If you didn't see this you can watch it on-line. It's at CBS' official website. I'm sure it's already on youtube.com also. I think she captures all that these sort of competitions should be about, not that they turn out that way often enough.

Before I start my review I have a trivia question for you. What do Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo, Jasmine Trias, LaToya London, George Huff and John Stevens all have in common? Answer later in this blog.

Here's my review for last night's results of "AI". Remember my new "AI" rankings will be out Sunday, look for some dramatic changes.

First Ryan hyped the upcoming 50 city "AI" tour starting July 5th in Portland, Oregon. Initially I thought to myself I might go see that concert. Then I realized I'd have to listen to Danny Gokey, Mr. Vanilla, Michael Sarver and Scott MacIntyre. I'd have to replace all four of those with Alexis Grace and then I might want to go. Also there would have to be no lame group performances, the ultimate in cheese. I can't wait for Allison's first CD. The concert I'd want to see is Alexis Grace, Megan Joy and Allison Iraheta.

Then the Top 7 performed Michael Sembello's "Maniac". Matt Giraud sounded fantastic on that, he should have sang that Tuesday night instead.

Ryan then asked pimping questions of Allison (hey maybe the producers are realizing how good she is) and Adam. We then saw Zac Efron in the studio, did you notice that was the only time they showed him? I think he headed out as soon as his cameo was over. Then turn down the lights and its time for results. Allison and Adam were safe, it was obvious both were safe. Allison stood up first, the first person up is always safe. Thank goodness the best singer left in the competition is safe. Then one of the producer's favorites stood up, Adam Lambert. There's absolutely no drama in him being safe. Unfortunately even after a stellar performance last night, Anoop is in the bottom three for the third straight week. My bottom three would have been Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds and Matt Giraud with Lil going home.

Then Jennifer Hudson took the stage and tore into a song from her debut CD, "If This Isn't Love". I love how "Idol" is taking credit for J Hud's success. Here's the answer to the trivia question: those people mentioned above all finished higher than J. Hud on Season 3 of "AI". George Huff was 5th that season, why isn't "Idol" taking credit for his success. Did you know George Huff has a new CD out? Do you care? Which is your favorite George Huff hit song? What's that, he doesn't have any?

Judson must not have had many pimp spots or friendly lighting. I'd be okay if she had finished second behind Fantasia as Fantasia is an incredible singer. She also has actually done something post-"Idol". How did Jennifer Hudson only come in 7th place? Presumably that's why the judges sham, uh I mean judges save was created. I'm not sure they would have used the save even if they had one back then. I didn't watch Season 3 of "AI".

Then Ryan has Mr. Vanilla and Lil stand up, you know which one of these two is bottom 3. Even though Ryan just mentioned it I can't remember what Mr. Vanilla sang. He's just completely forgettable to me. Then Ryan has Matt and Danny stand up, of these two it's obvious Matt is in the bottom 3. Although it's time for Danny Gokey to be in the bottom three. So the bottom 3 is Anoop, Lil and Matt. Ryan asks Kara for her opinion and she says it's the right bottom three. Kara continues to be wrong. There should be no save for Kara when she gets fired after this season. How about we do it now? The bottom three should have been Danny, Lil and Matt based on last night's performances. Ryan sends Anoop back to the couches of safety.

Miley Cyrus then sang "The Climb", she still is Billy Ray's biggest hit. Is it just my ears or was that sort of a janky vocal. I liked the song okay. I kept on wondering where is George Huff and his big new hit? Again what season was Miley Ray on "American Idol"?

The bottom two are Matt and Lil. Seriously who is still voting for her. She started out with so much promise and unfortunately has been a huge disappointment. Matt then sings for his life as the judges pretend to deliberate. The judges save is perhaps the biggest travesty in "Idol" history. I'm sure the Producers ok'd the judges to save Matt but not Lil. Again Kara and Paula danced while they were "deliberating". After some genuine tension Matt is saved, I'm so glad they saved Matt Giraud. Is he going to win? No, but he definitely should have been saved. I sort of got emotional about it, which really surprised me.

Simon then said he had "two pieces of bad news".

1) Two people are going home next week. (Please, please be Danny and Lil.)
2) Next week is disco week. Which Village People song will Adam Lambert sing?

Here's hoping Danny, who will be a train wreck, and Lil will be going home next week. I think Kris Allen and Allison will really struggle with disco next week. I think Adam will be the best and Matt and Anoop will either be great or terrible. Disco week could really shake up the competition. Will they have a big reflecting ball in the middle of the stage?

After another week of picks in the Predictify/ ew.com contest themusicaddict is 2024th of 11,101 contestants.

If I have something that really inspires me, I'll be back tomorrow. If not I'll be back with a mostly non-"Idol" blog Saturday. Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Yeah! I then start working at Verizon Wireless Tuesday with a three day weekend in between. I'm looking forward to that! :)

Have a great weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites