Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5th "AI" Top Ten

Hello,

This week "American Idol" went from 9 to 8 contestants, unfortunately Megan Joy was voted off. Removed from last week's list is Michael Sarver.

10) Scott MacIntyre (LW:7) I'm predicting he's going home this week on the ew.com/ predictify contest. It's time for him to head home. I like him but he's out of his element.

9) Adam Lambert (LW: 11) He sang "Play That Funky Noise" this past week. He sang it okay but why sing that song? What was he trying to do? Whatever it was I wasn't very impressed.

8) Anoop Desai (LW: 7). I was expecting more from him at the beginning of the season, but now I think he's about to go home. His "My Prerogative" in Hollywood week was his peak. He's been very mediocre since.

7) Lil Rounds (LW: 5) The shine continues to come off Rounds. She still sings okay but her song selection has become boring. She also has a janky attitude, she acts surprised when it seems she might be eliminated from the show. I think she's going to be eliminated sooner than she expects. I don't think many people will miss her either. She also has peaked and has been pretty mediocre recently.

6) Danny Gokey (LW: 10) His "What's Hurt The Most" didn't hurt the most of his performances. Although it still wasn't great. I've yet come to understand why people like him so much. He's dorky, he's on okay singer but has no charisma whatsoever. When he was talking about making an emotional connection with an audience and how that takes the song to another level I wanted to vomit. Danny you are not as good as you think you are.

5) Kris Allen (LW: 9) He gave an okay performance of "Ain't No Sunshine", but the judges were over enthusiastic. Why must they hype above average performances? Why?
I think he could have a nice career as long as he picks good songs.

4) Megan Joy (LW: 1) Yes, I know she is eliminated. She can become a superstar in the music business. However she must, must have someone help her pick better songs than that boring Bob Marley song she sang last week. She could really stand out in the marketplace because she has such an unique voice and is absolutely gorgeous. I was trying to think of someone to compare her to and I couldn't think of anyone. That's truly unique. SHE MUST PICK THE RIGHT SONGS THOUGH!

3) Alexis Grace (LW: 4) I know she has been eliminated for almost three weeks now but I'm still in disbelief. Her awesome cover of Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana" is still rocking my iPod. I think that was one of the best performances of this season. She's not even going on the tour. Absurd.

2) Matt Giraud (LW: 3) He went up mainly because of Megan's too early departure. He has been one of the best performers over the last several weeks. Other than the Coldplay and The Fray song choices he has been outstanding at picking songs.

1) Allison Iraheta (LW: 2) Why has she been in the bottom three two of the last three weeks? Is she too talented? Does she sing too well? Is she too unique? Why is she a unique singer like Adam Lambert but doesn't get the same amount of love? Isn't 19 Entertainment smart enough to market a truly unique talent like Iraheta?

Have a good day, themusicaddict

One final note, my brother called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go to see Black Label Society in concert. He's going with some of his work friends. I eagerly accepted as going to concerts is one of my favorite things to do. However I don't know a lot about Black Label Society. I was able to listen to 5 of their songs on their myspace music page yesterday. They seem to be pretty cool and have a good rocking sound. Both my brother and son used the same phrase to describe their music "old school". I'm feeling a sense of excitement to discovering the music of Black Label Society and the other two bands performing with them. Those bands are Dope and Cycle of Pain. I'll be renewing my rhapsody membership soon. That concert is one month from today. So you'll be reading more about those bands soon.

No comments:

Favorites