Sunday, April 19, 2009

Top 7 "AI" April 19th, 2009, Susan Boyle Pt. 3

Hello,

The Susan Boyle express train rolls on. As of last night the youtube.com video of her singing on "Britain's Got Talent" has 27 million hits. You'd have to be living under a rock to miss out on her. Recently she was on "Larry King Live" and sang "My Heart Will Go On". The Susan Boyle express may be losing a bit of steam as she sounded a bit rough. To be fair it looked like they didn't give her much of a chance to prepare. The newly discovered recording of her singing "Cry Me A River" is breathtakingly beautiful. She soon might be overexposed though, a backlash has already began. I think she needs to hide for a couple of weeks or until it's her next turn on "Britain's Got Talent". It's hard to believe it has only been one week since she first burst on the scene. I'm still a big fan.

Here's my "American Idol" Top 7. Disco rating, on a scale between 1 to 10 how I think they will do with this week's theme. 10 is the best one can do.

7) Lil Rounds (LW: 3) Let's be honest, she has got to go. Until she gets a personality makeover I'd be glad never to see her again. Her trying to add a gospel element to "The Rose" was a spectacular disaster. Also whatever you do we don't want to hear your opinions on anything. I have never seen talking back to the judges work, even if you are right. Disco rating = 4.

6) Danny Gokey (LW: 6) I also am very ready for him to go. As my Mom said "If he wins what kind of artist is he going to be"? I actually don't want to know the answer to that question. My Mom is absolutely right, what kind of CD would he make? I don't even think it would be as good as the nearly unlistenable David Archuleta. (BTW: Nice work David, opening for Demi Lovato. I'm not sure that is going to help your career. Do you realize very few adults know who Demi Lovato is? My 8 year old daughter had to explain to my family who she is.) Disco rating = 2.

5) Kris Allen (LW: 6) I don't dislike him, I just don't like him as an artist. I think he's being hyped beyond his ability. I've been waiting for a breakout performance and it just has never happened. I thought he really had his chance with "Ain't No Sunshine" but it was only so so. Disco rating = 2.

4) Matt Giraud (LW: 2) I'm so glad the judges saved him. I think they made the right decision. Now Matt all you need to do is to pick great songs each week and nail the vocals. No more Coldplay or The Fray. Disco rating = 2.

3) Anoop Desai (LW: 5) He has shown that he can nail ballads ("True Colors", "You Were Always On My Mind"). He hasn't been so successful on uptempo songs though. If he picks the right song this could be a good week for him. Disco rating = 4.5.

2) Allison Iraheta (LW: 1) After being #1 for two weeks Allison fell to 2. Not due to anything she did, but Adam was just so good last week. Although Allison please don't pick such a sappy song as "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" again. That's more appropriate for a high school prom than to show what kind of artist you will be. I think Allison should sing "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. I think that could work for her. Disco rating = 3.

1) Adam Lambert (LW: 4) Adam rockets to the top on the strength of that fantastic "Born To Be Wild" If he has another spectacular performance Tuesday, he could turn this competition into a rout. The disco theme is going to be right up his alley. That in spite of his of "Play That Funky Music White Boy" was only mediocre. His strength is that he picks great songs for him almost every week. I'm still hoping Allison wins, although there are a lot worse people than Adam Lambert who might win. Disco rating: 7.

I'll be back tomorrow with my next blog entry. Starting Tuesday I work 5 days in a row at my new job with Verizon Wireless. My blogs will be a little more infrequent then. I'm both excited and nervous about my new job. I hope things are going well for you in this tough economic climate. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites