Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"AI" Finals Week 6, April 14th and 15th Part 1

Hello,

Tonight's theme was "Music at the Movies" with mentor Quentin Tarantino. I thought he was an okay mentor. The band is on the stage, as they should be every week. Ryan introduces the lame judges. They also are only allowing two judges critiquing each performance due to running over last week. They still ran over this week. I think we should make that a permanent idea and get rid of Kara and Randy effective now.

1) Allison Iraheta sang “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. This song is from one of the worst movies of all-time "Armageddon". Her choosing this song was a huge disappointment. Why did she pick this overplayed, sappy song? The thing that saved it for me is her voice is so great. When she has the right song she is fantastic, unfortunately this wasn't the right song. With the right song she was amazing with "I Can't Make You Love Me" and "Papa Was A Rolling Stone". Simon was absolutely right when he said she's the last hope for a female winner. He praised and praised her. After his positive critique Allison looked like she was in shock. The crowd gave her a nice ovation. She should definitely be in the final three. Grade B. (Because of her fantastic voice.) Buy? No! But I'll enjoy her "I Can't Make You Love Me" over and over again.

2) Anoop Desai sang “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams. This is from "Robin Hood". When I heard he was singing this song, I thought we were in for a disaster. However I was completely wrong and very glad to be wrong. Quentin told him to rough it up and he was absolutely right. I absolutely loved the arrangement. Anoop may be around for two or three more weeks. Both Randy and Kara liked it. Grade: A. Buy: Definitely.

3) Adam Lambert sang “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf. This is from the classic counterculture movie "Easy Rider". I pretty much liked everything about this performance. I liked the electronic twists he added. The band had a fantastic time playing it. Not to get too Paulay, but the joy of his performance was infectious. (Again Paula ate Chinese before tonight's show, and her fortune read "Fortune rewards the brave." Puke!) I'm not sure what Simon was talking about. Grade: A. Buy: As soon as I can.

4) Matt Giraud sang “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman” by Bryan Adams. This is from "Don Juan Demarco". I thought he did a really good performance. I really liked his performance and the arrangement of the song. As usual I disagreed with Randy and what the hell was Kara saying. Is she getting dumber and dumber or is it just my imagination? Kara one season and done.

5) Danny Gokey sang “Endless Love” by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. "Endless Love" can you say Brooke Shields!



I have never seen this movie nor do I intend to. I just have this on my blog because Brooke is a babe. Also this is how this song should sound. Lionel Richie and Diana Ross singing one of the classics of the 80's. I'm so ready for Danny Gokey to move to the bottom three. Grade: Lionel and Diana, A. Grade for Danny: C+. Buy? Why buy it when I have the classic original?

6) Kris Allen sang “Falling Slowly” by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. This is from one of the very most disappointing movies ever "Once". I'm just not a big fan. His performance of this song was too slow. Tonight he was the second worst performance, only behind Lil. Check out ew.com and Michael Slezak's review of last night's show. He has the entire transcript of Randy's critique. It was a pathetic critique. It's time for him and Kara to ride off into the sunset and back into anonymity.

7) Lil Rounds sang “The Rose” by Bette Midler. This is from a movie I've never seen "The Rose". First of all, thanks Lil for not singing "My Heart Will Go On". Oh "The Rose" could have been so good and that's how she started. She sounded great when she was singing with restraint. She was also looking a lot better than the past. This is a song you need to sing with a lot of vulnerability. She didn't and the gospel part she added didn't work. It only detracted from the song. It's never looks good when she, or anyone, argues with the judges. My DVR cut off during their disagreement. Lil it's time for you to go.

One more note, next week is disco theme. Boy talk about a week made for Adam Lambert.
I'm not sure when I'll be back. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites