Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello,

I'm thinking about in 24 hours from now I'll be starting my new job. I'll be working at Verizon Wireless starting tomorrow morning. I'm both very excited and nervous about the opportunity. I'm hoping to turn this into a career. This job will be a bit of a challenge for me as I don't know a lot about cell phones, as I haven't had one for about 3.5 years. My brother told me I could have his Blackberry, he got himself an iPhone. So this should be a very interesting experience. I won't be writing too much about it but I'll update about that job once-in-a-while.

Other news: I have decided not to finish "King Dork" as it didn't grab me by the collar. I've already taken it back to the library. I've read over half of Kazuo Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go" and it's okay and interesting. For me though it hasn't knocked my socks off. On Saturday I went to the library and checked out 3 new books. One of those books is Richard Price's "Clockers". This is a book that has grabbed me by the collar and won't let go. This will probably be the next book I finish. I previously had started reading his "Freedomland" but couldn't get through it. I'm also thinking about reading Stephen King's "The Cell" since I start working for a cell phone company tomorrow. Also that book references Verizon's classic line, "Can you hear me now?"

I love to read and I read novels, a lot of articles on the net and I subscribe to 10 different magazines. Of the 10 magazines I subscribe to my three favorites are Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated and Esquire magazine. All three magazines have great writers and write about things I love. The other 7 magazines I subscribe to (in order of when I think of them) Fortune, Time, Newsweek, ESPN Magazine, Spin, Entertainment Weekly and Wired. I used to subscribe to Paste and Vanity Fair but had to give them up because we don't have the money. I also used to subscribe to Blender and George but both have gone out of business. Through the mycokerewards.com program I can renew my subscriptions to Wired, EW and Esquire for free.

In music I continue listening to Black Label Society on Rhapsody. I signed into Rhapsody today and noticed they only have two of BLS's CDs available. On Friday when I signed in they had 8 of their CD's available to listen to. I'm not sure what happened there. Black Label Society's most recent CD "Shot To Hell" is fairly good and it has some great songs on it. Some of my favorites are "New Religion", "The Last Goodbye", "Sick Of It All" and "Give Yourself To Me". The other BLS CD Rhapsody has available is "Sonic Brew". Some of my favorite songs on that CD are "The Beginning... At Last", "No More Tears" and "Better Half". I think it's funny that BLS leader Zakk Wylde helps Ozzy Osbourne with his CD's, Osbourne also has a song titled "No More Tears". I will continue listening to their music until at least the May 5th concert. Thanks to my brother for buying me a ticket to the concert. I think it's going to be rawk!

That's about all for right now. My apologies for writing such a boring blog. My blog posts are going to be less as I acclimate to a new job. Have a great day. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites