Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12th, "AI" Top 8

Hello,

Here is my Top 8 following the week with the theme of Songs From The Year You Were Born. Both Scott MacIntyre and the should still be in the competition Alexis Grace have been dropped due to being eliminated from the show. I'm a big fan of Alexis Grace and keep it here as I'll pass on updates as I have them.

8) Megan Joy (LW: 4) Okay she has been eliminated from "Idol" as well. I kept her on the list because she still performed last week and also because it's my blog. Megan performed "Walkin' After Midnight" on the Regis and Kelly show. She also has a 3 part interview on ew.com's Idolatry. I can't wait to buy her CD when it comes out.

7) Danny Gokey (LW: 6) What can I say, I just don't understand the whole Danny Gokey phenomenon. He's not overwhelmingly talented, he's both very boring and has very little originality. What kind of artist is he going to be? Will anyone remember him if he ever releases a CD? Other than his most ardent fans, will anyone else care?

6) Kris Allen (LW: 5) See above.

5) Anoop Desai (LW: 8) Please "AI" no more apologies from Anoop to Kara DioGuardia over things that don't need to be apologized for. Another solid performance from Anoop in singing Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors". I like him but I think he'll be gone this week or next week.

4) Adam Lambert (LW: 9) Unlike Danny and Mr. Vanilla I get why people like Adam. I think he's going to win this year and I'm very disappointed by that. His first CD is either going to be brilliant or terrible. Either way I still probably won't buy it. I see his screeching "Satisfaction" when I think of Mr. Lambert. I know a lot of people like him, but he's just not my cup of tea.

3) Lil Rounds (LW: 7) Although she is this high in my Top 8, I don't think she has done very well in the finals. I liked her "What's Love Got To Do With It" but I might be the only one. There are two things working against her. Those things are she received too much early hype and she has failed to make a connection with the audience. She has been a gigantic disappointment and I think her and Anoop are the next two contestants who will be going home.

2) Matt Giraud (LW: 2) His "Part Time Lover" started out well but went downhill as the song continued. He has had some pretty solid performances. His "So Small" and "Let's Get It On" were two of the highlights of the season. He's just too inconsistent. Along with two of the best performances of the season, he also has two of the worst performances this season. His Coldplay and The Fray songs were very weak.

1) Allison Iraheta (LW: 1) My favorite remaining contestant. Along with Alexis Grace and Megan Joy I can't wait for her debut CD. She by far had the best performance of the night Tuesday. Her "I Can't Make You Love Me" is an instant "Idol" classic. The fragile, adult like attitude way she sang that song was amazing. I'm definitely going to buy that song when I can. Another thing I like about her, she gives solid performances week in and week out. She's consistently good every week. She isn't getting hyped by the judges or producers either. I would love to see her win, although that is highly unlikely.

A little over a year ago I was out of work and my sister-in-law suggested that I should write a blog. I had also thought about doing that, but it was her suggestion that got me going. One year ago today I wrote my first themusicaddict blog. That first blog I wrote about Axl Rose finally handing in the tapes for "Chinese Democracy". While I'm still not a great writer I'm a lot better than I was last year at this time and hope to be even better on my blog's second birthday.

A personal note we had a great family moment yesterday, my daughter Madison was baptized. Yesterday was a very good day and mrsmusicaddict and myself are very proud of her and her decision. Good job Madison!

Have a great Easter. Remember Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites