Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello,

There's not much going on today. Lil Wayne is on the cover of the most recent issue of Rolling Stone magazine. He says he's going to try rock now, why is he making such a terrible threat? Does anyone care? Wednesday morning rollingstone.com will have a previes of their next cover. Hopefully it will be someone more relevant (who wouldn't be) and someone more interesting. I'm just hoping its not Piers Morgan.

This past Friday I finished the 3000+ pages of "The Dark Tower", Stephen King's sprawling fiction about Roland the Gunslinger. What a terrific series of books but it peaked with the middle books. I think "Wolves of The Calla" was the best of the series. Overall I liked the series but initially I didn't like the ending. However the more I thought about it the more I liked the ending. I'm sure King left the ending like it is so he could write one more in the series if he so chooses. I would definitely recommend to both King fans and non-King fans to read these very good books.

I was sort of glad to be done with the series because there are so many other great books to read. This past weekend I started two books, so far neither one of them have grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me in. I started reading "King Dork" by Frank Portman and its "aight" as Randy Jackson would say. I also started reading Kazuo Ishiguro's "Never Let Me Go". I have to admit I mainly started reading this as Keira Knightley has agreed to be in the movie version of this book. So far it's the best of the two books. I'm not completely sold on either book so far though. I also am thinking about reading "The Cell" by Stephen King. It seems appropriate since King references Verizon Wireless at the start of the book.

What is going on with "Celebrity Apprentice"? I was only able to watch part of the show last night. (I had priorities, a new "Cold Case" was on last night and I wasn't smart enough to get my DVR to work.) I missed Brian McKnight getting fired but I won't miss him. Why was Melissa Rivers so whiny last night? I like Annie Duke, she is damn smart. The biggest disappointment of the show for me is that the surprise guest is Piers Morgan. I know he doesn't have anything better to do but why bring back that arrogant lump of crap? He's one of the worst contestants on any reality show ever. Why is he famous? Is he blackmailing the Donald to extend his already too long 15 minutes of fame? Piers go away.

Have a great week, themusictvbookaddict

No comments:

Favorites