Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Ai" Finals Week 5, April 7th and 8th Part 1 (maybe)

Hello,

I'm so very grateful for my job with Verizon Wireless. However they have been keeping me very busy. I've worked on Verizon Wireless things on four of 5 days this week in order to remain qualified for that job. Is it worth it, definitely! I have 6 more shifts at my current job and its been a struggle to make it through those. I'll be making what I make in 8 hours at Verizon what I would have made in 13 hours at my current job. Also benefits start day one at Verizon, whereas the benefits have been too expensive for us to afford at my current job. With that, a full-time job, family and housecleaning responsibilities I've had very little time for my blog.

This morning, Thursday, I was finally able to watch Tuesday's night "AI". I'm hoping to be able to watch the results show tonight. Due to my limited time here is a quick review. Tonight's theme is Songs From The Year You Were Born. These are the final 8 contestants. Birth year in parenthesis. As always I copied and pasted info from mjsbigblog.com.

1) Danny Gokey (1980) sang “Stand by Me” as performed by Mickey Gilley. This arrangement is extremely boring. Why change such a classic song? It would have to be a genius arrangement to compare favorably to the original. This wasn't a genius arrangement. The judges continue to heap praise on him, I still have no idea why the judges love him so much. Grade: D. Buy? No! Danny Gokey has got to go.

2) Kris Allen (1985) sang “All She Wants to Do is Dance” by Don Henley. Another terrible and janky arrangement. Before you perform again Kris, you need to shave that wimpy mustache. He also sang in the midst of the swaybots which didn't add anything to his performance. Like Gokey I just don't think he's going to have any longevity once this show is over. For me he'll always be Mr. Vanilla. Grade C-. Buy? No.

3) Lil Rounds (1984) sang “What’s Love Got to Do With It” by Tina Turner. A contestant who I absolutely loved at the beginning of this season. Since then she has been declining every week. Even though the judges lambasted her, I actually thought she did pretty good this week. She has got to get rid of that lame dance though. This was also the performance where Paula rambled on and nobody knew what she was saying. Simon thankfully said, "I think what Paula was trying to say...." Thanks Simon! Paula and Randy have the amazing ability to talk a lot without saying anything. Grade: B Buy? No.

4) Anoop Desai sang “True Colors” by Cyndi Lauper. First: I want to say this is such a great song. Lauper was one of the best singers of the 80's. I'm not sure why she has been forgotten. "True Colors" was just one of the many of her great songs. Anoop sang this song very well. They also gave him a chance to give a shout out to the National Champion Tar Heels. Why did "AI" make him give a half apology to Kara? Kara is the one who should apologize, for being such a terrible judge. Please "AI" do not bring her back next year! Again Simon was on the dot with the judges being "horrible to you, you can be horrible back". I don't think Simon likes Kara either. The judges gave Anoop his proper level of praise. I find myself disagreeing with the judges more than agreeing with them. I don't think Anoop is getting enough love in this competition. Grade: B+. Buy No!

I will be busy the rest of today, all of tomorrow and most of Saturday. I'm not sure when I'll be back. Have a great weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites